Where to Buy a Shop Stool

I want something that's padded, has a back, and that's strong. Any one of the mail order places?

Gary Curtis Los Angeles

Reply to
extiger

Staples?

Reply to
LQQkIE YONDER

How about building one? You can make those as simple and complex as you like. You get to pick any materials you want.... even a lazy susan hardware thing... I used to work at a foreman's desk a lot even though I had a regular office as well. I find with one cheek on a stool, half-standing at a foreman's desk, I get a lot more creative..*G*..Do NOT ask me why.

Reply to
Robatoy

My MIL?

Reply to
Limey Lurker

I know the left/right brain thing controls creativity and logic. Does it matter which cheek is on the stool?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Probably depends on the individual. :)

Reply to
CW

..and the individual's diet.

Reply to
Robatoy

$114 at Enco machine tools and supplies. THere are other supply houses - McMillin & Masters, I think.

Reply to
C & E

Gary, Read all the answers so far. The only two specifically pointed out are a bit STEEP, in my opinion.

I have 3 'stools' . . . all under $20 each. . . .

2 are unpadded, about 32 inches {?} to the seat. It's a simple matter to place a piece of 'Slip-Not' on it and add a cushion of my choice. 1 is about 6in taller with a fitted/fastened 'leatherette' padded seat. Neither has a 'back' but they are made of hardwood so fabricating & fastening a back should be no problem. The shorter ones came from a 'chain' crafts store - 'Michaels' . . . but they seem to be a 'standard' product. The padded one came from a local 'Target' store.

Another padded option may be the METAL stools from either 'Pep Boys' or Harbor freight. Again no back but a wooden one could be attached . . . unless your good with metalcraft?

Ron Magen

Ikea has a good folding one, nice and tall and can be stowed away on a spare wall.

Reply to
FriscoSoxFan