Where's the CMS serial #?

Sorry if this is a dumb question....

I'm filling out the Delta $50 rebate for my CMS and I need the serial number. My wife couldn't find it anywhere on the saw (I'm at work, she's at home) and the manual doesn't say where it is.

Anyone know offhand where it is on this saw (36-255L) ?

Thanks, Michael

Reply to
Michael Press

mailing the rebate can't wait until you get home??

dave

Michael Press wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

It should be on the same label as the model number and origin info.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

The man has priorities.

Reply to
D. Mo

That's exactly right. I don't think about work while woodworking, and I think about woodworking while at work ;-)

Michael

Reply to
Michael Press

Hey, how about your impressions of that saw?

Reply to
p_j

I love it now that I can find the serial number ;-)

Seriously, its a fantastic saw. It was dead-on square out of the box. The lasers needed a tiny adjustment to be dead-on but its a simple adjustment with a little allen wrench. Setup was pretty easy and the instructions were fine. Everything about the saw is solid, and it moves and locks firmly but smoothly. I particularly like the miter degree markings - they're on the outside of the table, and far enough apart that you can easily get 1/2 degree precision. I get a little tear-out on the back of softwood, but I figure tape or a backer block will take care of that.

The only problem, if you can call it that, is I can't find a padlock that fits the trigger to lock it. It requires a small diameter shackle bar (like a luggage lock) but it has to be far taller (i.e. longer opening in the shackle) than any luggage lock I've found.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Press