Where is the best deal for a Delta Mortiser?

I would like to purchase a Delta 14-651 mortiser. Is the $219.99 price from amazon the best deal? Is there any angles I can use to find it any cheaper? Let's face it, I am cheap, and I hate to get beat on price. I have watched the price come down to 219.00, but maybe if I wait there will be a Christmas sale?????????? I don't need it for a specific project, but I would hate to see the price go up and miss out on a deal.

Go ahead and flame me!

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
ToolMiser

The price should have been $239.99. At least I found my own mistake.

Reply to
ToolMiser

Than pass on this piece of Chinese crap and buy a Multico.

Rumpty

That's probably as good as you'll find. It's a good machine and mine gets constant use. Check out Lee Valley for the cone shaped sharpeners used in a drill press for keeping the chisels sharp. With sharp chisels, it will do anything you want it to do for 1/3rd the price of the Multico.

Reply to
Swingman

SwampBug

ya see... you waited around and it has already gone up in price.. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Dang... you sound more like a "tool collector" than a "tool user". If you need the tool, buy it at the best price at the time. If you continue to wait, you have several years to go. I bought my Delta about 6 years ago and paid $249.00+ shipping. If you really intend to use the tool, the extra $10 or $15 that you pay because you did not absolutely explore every conceivable avenue should not factor in. If I were you I would consider the time it will save you vs. the extra $10 or $15 it will save you to wait.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Lowes has it on sale for $199. Or at least my local does....

Jim

Reply to
James D Kountz

For just $249.95 you can get a Shop Fox from Grizzley.

BTW, I'm cheap too. I buy a lot of stuff on ebay. Sometimes new stuff.

Have fun. Joe

Reply to
kb8qlr