Where is Grizzly Band Saw Made?

Just happen to encounter this today Here's a relative expert (LOL) : )

Bill

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reminds me of a story from our missing friend Robatoy:

Puckdropper

Hadn't heard anything about it...surprises me, but never had a Ford truck on the place. But there surely are a lot of them around and not heard any of the guys with them grouching about the engine. One of the guys in the old coffee klatch when we were still meeting didn't like his new one nearly as well, but it wasn't the engine he complained about but all the foo-fah electronics.

And what did that truck tractor diesel cost to get the 1M miles in comparison? Pickemup diesels are not that expensive in comparison--it's easy to drop $50K on gas model any more.

The mileage difference w/ the Duramax is impressive and makes it up plus if one really uses the truck as a truck (very few PUs by comparison really are trucks) it's incomparable.

We got by w/ gas for years back in the 50s-60s-70s and pulled the guts out of 'em w/ anhydrous trailers, bale beds, etc., etc., ... but I'd never go back.

--

Reply to
dpb

I cannot say what rebuilding would cost.

In the case of choosing a new F250 with the Power Stroke Diesel, you start with an XL-250 for $35675.00 and add 30% for the diesel. $10,495.00

Apparently Ford knew about a problem with their 6.0 Powerstroke diesel going back to 2014. I'm not certain if the 6.7 is an improvement or status quo.

Leon

Certified rebuilds will be $20-40K typical.

A quick look found 455 hp Detroit w/ 300K on 2019 remanufacture date available for $13,500 -- seemed pretty typical offerings.

A 16V71 long block assembly alone is going for $45,000 -- that's remanufactured w/ OEM parts, not even a new one.

While it's not priced as an option for a truck tractor, you'll be paying at least 2X that as part of the sticker price for a lower end engine.

dpb

Pricing is hard to come by for commercial stuff online, but the one I did find for Kenworth HD trucks goes from about $1,000 for minimum upgrade from standard engine (PACCAR PX/MX series base) to range from $3,000-$5,000 for UPGRADES to the PX/MX next series up, depending on how much a performance jump took. To the CUMMINS X15 was from $4,000 to $11,000 UPGRADE differential. These were 2017 data.

Those are all upgrades over base; not including what the base engine itself cost.

As somebody else said, simply not comparable...

--

Reply to
dpb

Yeah, I got stuck being an ISO-9k paper-generator when it first came out. Fortunately it was only one small project. All of the coordinators that brought the system into the company (IBM BTW)for the site were laid off right after they got the certifications.

I was a project leader so got stuck putting together the documents for my project. It was to be a test to show that the whole area was certifiable (well...). I had to defend my process as an example of what all similar projects were doing (so they could get some work done). I had a notebook full of "here's what we're going to do" BS. Well, it wasn't quite full. The back half was blank (more difficult stuff I didn't have time to get to). I kid you not, the auditors said they were happy with our "process", the page before the null process started. It was all BS, of course. No one cared. Audit passed. Boss happy. Transferred to another site (with the boss) before the axe hit us.

Reply to
krw

Exactly. You pay a premium for a diesel added to a pick up, not so much, percentage wise, with a big rig.

Reply to
Leon

Scotty is a local Houston, "goober". One of the local TV stations gave him a spot to talk cars once a week. That did not last long.

Reply to
Leon