Where is Grizzly Band Saw Made?

Wide enough to make 3 years or 36,000 miles?

Reply to
krw

I assume you mean fuel injected. I have the 5.0 V8 in my 2013 F150. There was nothing like a "break in" period. It really hasn't changed much since (better with winter blends).

I wouldn't be happy with an aluminum anything. It's hard to "bang out" and overly susceptible to dings. IMO, it makes no sense as a truck bed.

Reply to
krw

Do you know where I can get a longer dip stick for my van?

Mine doesn't reach the oil anymore.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Perfect timing for a "poor design" discussion.

I loaded up my <2 month old Bosch dishwasher with a bunch of turkey dishes last night. Hit start, closed the door and got nothing but a red flashing light. That means "Nope, I ain't going to start." Normally I would hear a beep and the red light would be on solid.

No error codes, no indication of what was actually wrong. Standard reset procedures didn't help.

A bit frustrated, I closed the door a little harder and heard the beep, then got the flashing light. Well, that's one step closer. I pushed the door in harder while it was closed, got the beep again, the light came on solid and the dishwasher started.

OK, so I'm standing there keeping the door fully closed by hand and saying to myself "Do I really want to stand here for 2 1/2 hours?" Nope! So how can I keep the door closed and at least get through this load. I don't want to let go because the DW is working right now.

Then I realized that there is a cabinet directly across from the DW, about 3 feet away, door facing door. I called out for SWMBO who took over the holding while I ran downstairs. I grabbed 2 towels, a 3' length of 1x stock and wedged the wood between the cabinet and the DW, using the towels as padding. Success! The DW kept running.

Then I went out on the web and did some searching. It turns out that the door latch has been an issue with Bosch DW's for many years, across many models. The issue is that when you screw the "safety tabs" into the bottom of the counter type, it bows the top of the frame and the door latch may not fully engage. In many cases, like mine, things are fine for a few months and then the problem shows up. The DIY fix is to put shims between the countertop and the DW frame right above the latch. Shim until pushing up in the area of the latch doesn't produce any flex in the frame.

I did that this morning and the door is now latching and beeping with every close just like it was new.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

We have a KitchenAid dual fuel oven/range. We just replaced the element ($600). The night before Thanksgiving it decided to do the opposite - kept heating forever, no thermostat control. No error code but online troubleshooting sites suggested the motherboard (>$1000).

The oven's electronics does have a habit of losing itself but usually gives an error code. The troubleshooting guide says to p0wer off at the breaker, wait 30sec, power back on fixes the problem. Fortunately it did this time too. But an error like this to make a troubleshooting guide?

Kitchenaid, like Bosch, isn't exactly a "contractor grade" appliance. But they are ISO9000!

Reply to
krw

Non Turbo, but yes it think it has 16 injectors... I don't keep up anymore.

I would not be banging out, the body shop can deal with it.

Reply to
Leon

I needed a stick a few years back to hold up the left side of our under mount sink. The idiot installer did not secure the left side, like the right side, and the adhesive let go.

Like you I needed a stick to prop and hold in place.

I used SketchUp to design the stick.

My design came out as a piece

3/4" x 3/4" x 20". Then I added wood grain to the drawing and headed to the shop with my dimensioned drawing. ;~)
Reply to
Leon

Although my DW issue was more of a mechanical problem than electronic/programming (this time) I have seen indications that the 30 sec power removed reset doesn't always work for Bosch DW's that have stalled mid-cycle. Indications are that they remember where they were stalled and just power up at the same spot, still stalled.

Tru dat. Not only did I pay more than I really wanted to, I had to wait over 2 months to get it. Very popular model + Covid related slowdowns.

To add insult to injury, when the appliance store finally called and told me that my DW was in, I went to pick it up and found that the sound insulation was ripped on one side. I asked for a different one but I was told that all the other ones that came in with this shipment had already been picked up or were out for delivery. I called BS, but they wouldn't budge. "The damage is just to the insulation. You can take this one or wait until late next week for the next shipment."

Knowing that nothing just rips on it's own, I peeled back the insulation in front of the guy and saw a slight dent in the DW wall itself. I told him that I'd wait for the next shipment. I also told him that if there were any further issues, I'd be cancelling my order.

They called 2 days later and told me that they had one available. Imagine that.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It sounds complicated. I hope you used the component feature.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Shoulda got a SILVERAYDO

Spalted Walt

My daughter just bought a 2017 Tacoma TRD. It says Off Road on the side, so now she does sh!t like driving 160 miles on Rimrocker Trail just to get to a free campsite in Moab (Utah).

The road on the bottom right is the same road that she's on up top. There's a bunch of really steep switchbacks that get you down there. 3 - 4 MPH max in some spots.

Her rig is on the left here:

Cornish Hens and Stuffed squash for Thanksgiving.

She hung back to take this picture of her friends:

DerbyDad03

Sorry, I got out of sync. I meant that my mileage hasn't changed much (maybe 17-18 to 18-19)

I wouldn't either but body shops have a much harder time of it. Of course, today they just replace but aluminum is more expensive that steel. Much more so for the same strength (buildings aren't made of aluminum either).

Reply to
krw

When I lived in Vermont, I had a 4WD Ranger that said "Off Road" on the side. My wife would get all over me for driving in snow storms. I told her that it was an off-road truck and that I really could drive it off road. It took a few times before it sunk in.

HKnda like the bar maid who told be that she was going hunting bear. OK... Couldn't pass that one up. After a half hour of her calling me a chauvinist (hell, I just told her "I'd like to see that!"), I had to remind her that there was more than one way of spelling "bear".

Reply to
krw

Wu Flu delays are a real thing. We replaced our washer and dryer recently ($600 for the motherboard on a 9YO washer). There were only a couple of brands available and only a couple of models in each. No discounts and long waits (months) for anything else. Take it or not. SWMBO didn't like the idea of a laundromat in 'rona season.

Reply to
krw

You sure about that?

Looks like a combination of bad brakes, bad airbags, and bad seat belts. What could go wrong?

I'll take excessive oil consumption thank you.

Reply to
J. Clarke

As long as the truck didn't sink in too! ;-)

I don't mind if she goes off road when there is no road, like in the dunes or on the beach, I just don't want her going off *that* road.

The truck has a feature called Crawl Mode. It's for getting out of deep sand or going over rocky terrain.

You put it in crawl road and then just steer. The computer decides on which wheel(s) need power and how much.

There's a few pretty cool YouTubes out there showing it off. Unfortunately, there's a couple of bad ones too. One guy kept going on and on how much it sucked, proving it by getting stuck and having to be towed out. Then you read the comments and see how many people called him an idiot for all the things he did wrong, such as locking the rear end at the same time as he was using Crawl mode.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You're welcome.

Reply to
Spalted Walt

That was 12th generation. Does the 14th generation have the same problem?

Reply to
J. Clarke

That's pretty compelling! LOL

Reply to
Bill

I have done somethigng like that in a car. LOL

Nothing like a camp fire meal. At my son's wedding in Bandara, Texas, we all got up before day break, rode horses to a spot in the woods where the staff had a camp fire breakfast. Yum!

I love that part of the country. We used to vacation there a lot up until about 15 Years ago.

Reply to
Leon