when did the spiral saw first appear on the market?

Just curious about history. Does anyone know when the spiral saw (dremel, rotozip type of thing) first appears on the market? Or when was it invented?

Reply to
Joseph

Don't recall the brand but there was a large version of this used in the '60s and earlier in mass production of textile products--I remember seeing one used to cut panels for parachutes for example.

If you can find the original Last Whole Earth Catalog you'll find it listed. Was big, expensive, and definitely heavy duty compared to a Rotozip though.

They've since been replaced by laser cutters I understand.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I thought laser cutters only used for cutting sheet metals. Or do they also cut wood panels?

Reply to
Joseph

Lasers can be used to cut anything that is cuttable. However I was referring to the use in the textile industry.

Reply to
J. Clarke