What vise(s) do you own?

I am working on a new accessory for vises, and would like to focus on a very popular model first. What vise(s) do you own? For example, I own a couple of Record 53's. What do you folks use?

Reply to
scritch

I suspect the answers will be all over the map. I've got the LV twinscrew and their medium quick-release cast iron one.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Thanks for the info. I know I'll get a lot of different answers, but you gotta start somewhere, so I want to pick a vise that more than six people own. For instance, I wouldn't want to start with a Turtleback Emmert!

Scritch

Reply to
scritch

Don't have the model on hand at this moment, but I have a Record 12" wide vise with a quick release and no integrated dog.

Reply to
upscale

Festool is my vice.

Oh!, you said vise. Nevermind.

Reply to
Leon

So, what may be this accessory? I don't have a vise at the moment but I am eye balling several. I may want to buy the one that your accessory fits.

Reply to
Leon

A rose, by any other name ....

LOL

Reply to
Swingman

As far as vices go, you could do worse.

Reminds me of the Jay Leno jokes.

Most women are always sniffing guys to see if there is a perfume scent. When my wife sniffs me, she smells transmission fluid.

All these guys in Hollywood have one car and thirty girlfriends. I have thirty cars and one wife.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I have six Turtleback Emmert's.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Woodcraft tail vise:

think this is actually a follow-on replacement for the one I own)

and Rockler front vise:

use the tail vise way more than the front vise; I wish it had a quick-release like the front vise does.

Reply to
Steve Turner

near my workshop right now or I'd check to be sure...

Reply to
Steve Turner

my metalworking vise I got from my Dad.

The two vises on my bench (dog leg and tail) I made after purchasing the screws.

I have a couple of other vices. I do enjoy a smokey scotch.....

Reply to
Joe

Guess I'm getting tired. For a second there, I read "smoky crotch".

Reply to
upscale

I posted a gloat a few weeks ago. I just mounted a 10" Jorgensen quick release on my bench. Older vice in excellent condition purchased at an estate sale for about $35. Cleaned up, installed new hardwood jaw pads, good as new.

I also use a homemade end clamp made from hardwood and a couple of large, Irwin pipe clamps. Cheap but effective.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Hey! One time I knew a girl who could..., uh... Well, never mind.

Reply to
Steve Turner

That's what I have. Large Record vice with quick release, no dog. Recently, resurfaced the oak jaws, cleaned it all up and now it opens/closes sweetly.

Reply to
Phisherman

Record 53ED front and Veritas twin screw end.

As for vice, oh wait, I already mentioned twin screw.....

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

I'm sure the OP doesn't care, but mine are homemade :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I've got a Zyliss .and a Black and Decker QuikVise as well as a 6 inch Record machinist vice and an 8 inch Record woodworking vice as well as a ratty old WorkMate.

The Zyliss is handy.

Reply to
clare

Perhaps not, but homemade is good.

Here's one of several small vises I made to work in a T-track

Morris Dovey