What vise(s) do you own?

"Morris Dovey" showed us his vise

I never thought I would say this.

Morris, that vise is soooooooo.... CUTE!

What is the application?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I made this one for CNC routing a fancy guitar bridge, and it's been handy since other small parts.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Is that HDR photography?

Reply to
Swingman

My "main" vise is a WoodRiver pattern maker's vise from Woodcraft, but I also have a couple of clamp-on vises and a small collection of purpose-built vises (there's a link to a photo of one elsewhere in this thread).

The pattern maker's vise seemed like an extravagance when I bought it, but I've used all of its capabilities and confess to having become completely spoiled by the flexibility.

Woodcraft has a photo at

Morris Dovey

Nope - just a plain old snapshot.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Well done ... would do HDR proud.

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks. It was shot at 2560x1920, fairly early on a bright July morning in 2004. I did use a tripod and, IIRC, I stopped the camera down to maximize the depth of field and focused on a spot between the two blocks.

I recall feeling fairly smug because it was the first time I'd ever worked brass.

I threw away about a quarter of the image when I cropped, then re-sampled to 640x480 and added the text. The original is a little crisper, but not as well composed.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Woodcraft Emmert clone, Parrot vise, Panavise, Craftsman crosslide vise, some piece of crap I picked up at a home store, and I'm sure I'm forgetting one.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Veritas Twin Screw for end vise Unknown German screw fittings for shoulder vise

Reply to
charlie b

Thanks, all.

Just as I suspected. All over the map.

I'll work on my Records because I already own them.

Reply to
scritch

So what is your idea?

Reply to