What to do with old mineral spirits and used rags?

As ANOTHER side note...

When you go to those quick lube places for an oil change...and they put in oil that does not come out of a can...ask them if they use NEW, UNUSED oil.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

Depending on how old...and dry...that kitty litter is, this could be very dangerous for the guy driving that garbage truck.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

Lots of good suggestions. Generally I use disposable rags and just toss them in the shop woodstove. Spontaneous combustion isn't an issue. Of course if I have a rag soaked with thinner I am very very careful tossing it into a lit fire... pat..

Reply to
Patrick Fischer

Just had a guy pretty much blow himself up this past Winter in my area...painting in the basement with no ventilation.

He made it...but he went from Caucasian to Negro in a big hurry! lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

It isn't the launch that does it....

wrote

Reply to
George

Stove is the answer, no doubt. Summer puts them in the burn barrel.

Reply to
George

You don't have to ask if you change your own oil.

The only vehicle I've ever paid to have the oil changed in was my '96 Nissan King Cab, with the 2.4 four banger. The underhood layout was so discombobulated that it was simply impossible to remove the filter without coating yourself in oil. The filter needed to be passed over a cross member, or the fender lining needed to be removed. Since I use full synthetic oil, the oil going into that truck always came from quart bottles, not a gun. The Nissan was the only vehicle I've had that I didn't drive into the ground. I simply hated that truck.

Even though oil changes are relatively cheap from a dealer, quickie lube, etc... I like to give everything a once over while I'm there. I look for leaks, check the belts and hoses, battery connections, wire insulation, etc... All of these tasks are usually part of a commercial oil change, but in my experience, simply pencil whipped by the oil changer. Both of my current vehicles, a '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport , and an '01 Subaru Outback, are laid out well enough that I can do each in under 20 minutes. That includes the seven grease fittings on the Jeep.

I use Mobil 1 and the best filters I can get, unlike the paid guys. My vehicles are usually driven to the junkyard, with several hundred thousand miles on them.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

We are talking about the Concorde, correct?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

So what is it, if not the clorine compounds from the solid fuel oxydizer?

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

No, the Space Shuttle Transport (SST).

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

It's the flight that reaches the ozone. Oh well, _I_ thought it was funny.

STS, BTW

Reply to
George

message news:...

Oh.

I think some us were thinking "_S_uper_s_onic _T_ransport, aka the Concorde.

I've never heard the shuttle called an "SST", but I surely haven't heard everything.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

It's the Chorine compounds in the solid rocket motors that damage the ozone. Those are released during the launch phase of the flight.

OH, yeah. Shuttle Transport System.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Out over the ocean which releases tons of it daily. I'm real worried now.

Reply to
CW

message news:...

That's because Space Shuttle flights are labelled as STS (Space Transport System). The final Challenger flight was STS-51, and the final Columbia flight was STS-107

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn