What is it? Set 485

I need help with three of them this week:

Rob

Reply to
rhvp65

2824. looks like either a tool to pick up nuts like pecans or walnuts that have fallen to the ground, or to pick fruit that is high on the tree. 2825. can crusher - just saw video on Red Eye on FNC

2826. is the cylinder sticking out towards the camera an eye piece?

Reply to
lektric dan

Correct

Yes, I just checked the email from this one and added this information to my site: Below the lens there is a rotating ruler with three possible scales, text on the bottom reads "Chronic Bros. Mfrs N.Y."

Reply to
rhvp65
2821: Wire splicers / terminal post? 2822: Timing wheel? 2823: clip for inserting resisters / capacitors in a PCB? 2824: New age hoe? 2825: Home made powered can crusher? 2826: Survey equipment?
Reply to
mungedaddress

Dad burn it! First one in forever I knew and you beat me to the answer:-( I saw it on Youtube just yesterday... Ah, Fark video tab, headline was "If you like to watch repetitive things, this video may be just what you are looking for"

Reply to
William Bagwell
2821: The mechanism is a differential-screw, so there's a HUGE mechanical advantage (and the wide wings make it easy to really crank down). It's a cable/wire clamp, or possibly a crimp tool (though it's hard to visualize what gets crimped).

2822: an electrical commutator, probably for the purpose of rectifying AC to DC. The shaft would be driven by an AC synchronous motor, the brushes would connect AC only during the positive half-cycle.

2823: Some kind of scraper to clean the inside of a hole?

2824:The long handle suggests a dirty job; chimney cleaning scrubber?

2825: A powered nutcracker, for use on coconuts?
Reply to
whit3rd

I was also thinking it was a garden tool but haven't been able to find another one like it.

Reply to
rhvp65

Correct, more specifically it's for tobacco pipes.

Here are my answers for this week:

rhvp65

Sorry, I just posted the wrong link, it should have been this one:

rhvp65