What is it? Set 435

I need help with the third item this week:

Rob H.

Here are a few more unidentified items that people have sent in to me, but for one reason or another never made it to the web site:

Rob H.

2524. Roll up saw. Karl
Reply to
kfvorwerk

Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk
2522 Weird guess... Assuming the forged bars can pivot at the left strap... A snowshoe for a horse?

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

--Winston

Reply to
Winston
2520 (shouldn't that be 2526?) is a set of watchmakers staking tools. They fit into a small press (more of a guide actually) to press in watch and clock bearings, pinion shafts , etc.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

2522- boot puller

2524- either "Dude, this is a family website!", or, a collapse-able saw

2525- pliers that also hammer *something*

2520 (26?)- holders for inserting acupuncture needles

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67
2521, looks like a wall holder for candles. If the part with the hand and the bowl pivots, it's a single sided brassiere designed by a dirty old man. 2522, My first thought was the metal part on top is horse shoe shaped. Another gentle reader mentioned horse snow shoe, and that makes a lot of sense, to me. 2523, my first thought was an early set of handcuffs, but I'm probably mistaken. The center part looks to be a handle. Maybe a way of carrying two bottles of milk? Or some other kind of bottles or jugs? 2524, training device for eels, or other small fish. Train them to be still, and don't move. 2525, specialized cutter / hammer combination. Probably for running wire fence. 2526, looks a bit like my set of number and letter punches, though my set is rectangular.

.

Stormin Mormon
2521 sits in the corner of a pool billard table an "hands" you the ball after you sunk it.

happy easter Walter

Am 05.04.2012 10:01, schrieb Rob H.:

Reply to
Walter Kraft
2521. Has this got anything to do with eating monkey brains?

2522. I assume this fixes round a horses foot for some reason.

2523. This fixes to a wooden pole (perhaps a mast) to be used as a handle?

2524. Fold away saw blade.

2525. Wire strippers.
Reply to
David B

Reply to
Ed Huntress

2521 Wall mounted candle holder 2522 Underside of a seat with spring bar for bounce 2523 Harness for carrying milk jugs 2524 Saw 2525 leather hole punch 2520 Leather punch set (used for leatherworking) Or Drill bits for a Dremal

Robert

Reply to
Robert

2025 looks like a set of chasing tools for goldsmith.
Reply to
Mouse

2525 Spring stretching tool, possibly for a brake spring.
Reply to
Rex

Sounds like a good guess, I was thinking it could be a mail slot but I like your idea better.

Reply to
Rob H.

Thanks, just fixed that.

This answer is correct.

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes, it was marked as being a fence tool, though I didn't see it my fence tool book.

Reply to
Rob H.

I like the mast handle idea, don't know if it's right or not but it sounds reasonable.

Reply to
Rob H.

"Rob H." fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news7.newsguy.com:

It's a crypt marker, not for a "grave", but a vault.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh