What is it? Set 272

Spent a few years on a flat deck wagon pulling bales out of a New Holland powered by a Wisconsin 4. Being pulled by an F-20. I wasn't around for the earlier methods... However now I help out a few of the local Amish/Mennonites and get to play with the older stuff.

I enjoy field work but you can keep the haymow for anyone else! I HATED it there.

Reply to
Steve W.

That would be a good bet, you're correct, it's a 1915 model.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

The owner replied and said there are no hammer marks on the handle, which means either it was an expander that was never used or that it could have been used for some other purpose.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Most of the ones used for fire hose couplings are not used with a hammer. They are used with a press. Takes a BIG push to expand the inner collar. I only wish I could find a unit cheap... The average price for one starts at 4,000.00 PLUS dies and coupling sleeves.

Reply to
Steve W.

I didn't look at the pictures, but if it goes around the neck to prevent going thru fences, it's a yoke, not hobble(s).

--

Reply to
dpb