What do you call this part of the stair?

Please lood at this picture:

'm talking about the flat part with curvy sides. I want to replace them and give them a naturatl finish.

So my questions are:

  1. What is this part called?
  2. Where should I look to purchase them?
  3. Are there standard sizes?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Reply to
aaronfude

  1. Tread Bracket
    Yes, but they may not fit.
Reply to
Grandpa

They'd be easy enough to make if you have a bandsaw or scroll saw.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Are those wood - In older times this work was sometimes done in plaster. The pic looks a bit so.

?
Reply to
Joe Bemier