Way O.T. Coffee on Route 66

"Ed Ahern" wrote in news:i66nht$21o$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

if your heading that direction, you should take one the state highways though the ozark mountains, that run through Arkansas and southern missouri, they are something to see...the are a great rival for the great smoky mountains...imho....

Reply to
David Haynie

"jo4hn" wrote

French Quarter, Patty O'Brien's. Get a hurricane, and keep the glass. Yum!

Reply to
Morgans

Indeed.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Ted Drewes Frozen Custard.

Be sure to see the Arch too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

See if you can work in Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive on the way.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's funny!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I seem to recall [I may be mistaken] a documentary on the tube that stated Rt 66 was now totally gone. I hope I am mistaken.....

skeez

Reply to
skeez

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:0qWdncIUJrE0zxXRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

In that vein, there is a great - big and wooden - hotel, a bit off I-87 near New Paltz, NY. It has great views, very nice hiking on the Shawangunks, a very nice atmosphere and good food. It is a great price for what you get, but not cheap. It's called Mohonk Mountain House -

Han

skeez wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

See the movie "Cars". I have seen it numerous times since my grandson is (or at least was) addicted to it.

Reply to
Han

Still around.

CW

thanks CW.

Reply to
skeez

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

I live a stone's throw from the Parkway.

Don't try to drive it during leaf changing time. You will be lucky to average15 MPH.

You can bet if you drive to it, then drive a small portion of it during leaf changing time, it will be some of the most beautiful leaf colors you have ever seen.

It is supposed to be beautiful around here, because of the wet and ideal growing season this year.

Reply to
Morgans

You should get out more. :)

Admittedly, it's true that the lady reporter Clark Kent worked with as never been beatified, but .....

The town of "St. Lois Park, MN" is just outside of Minneapolis. "Bay Saint Lois, MS" is found near New Orleans. And St Lois cathedral is in New Orleans.

Lastly, the manor St Lois in Sutton upon Derwent,can be found in Yorksire East Riding (county of Humberside), England. It dates from the 1200s, if not earlier.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Never been to Metropolis, IL have you....

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Where in NE?