Sources for Stanley plane parts

I just bought a number 78 at a yard sale for $5. Now it would be a gloat except that it is missing the fence, parts G & F here:

know where these can be had?

-Jim

Reply to
jtpr

Many moons ago I needed a repair on a Yankee #130, another ancient Stanley tool. I was able at that time to locate a fellow in Bridgeport, Conn working for Stanley whose job it was to support these olde hand tools. That department may or may not exist any longer. I would try to look for your missing parts by finding a live person at Stanley since your need is not in the main stream of requests that they receive. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

Actually, on a whim I did a search on eBay for fence stanley 78 plane and found the exact thing. But thank you for the advice.

-Jim

Reply to
jtpr

I was gonna suggest eBay... There is a LOT of traffic on Stanley planes and parts up there, and your chances of finding oddball pieces like that are actually better than you might expect.

Reply to
Steve Turner

If Satanley can't help, try eBay.

-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques