Way O.T. Coffee on Route 66

I am driving from Florida to New England by way of New Orleans, Vicksburg, St Lois.

I know, long way around.

I would like to stop and have a cup of coffee on Route 66 (bucket list item)

Where in St Lois do I stop?

Woodworking tie-in On my way to help my son build a Kitchen

Ed

Reply to
Ed Ahern

Ed Ahern wrote: ...

I don't know of a "St Lois"...

--

Reply to
dpb

Reply to
Ed Ahern

You've never had a typo, douche bag?

Reply to
-MIKE-

I can't help you with that, but while in New Orleans be sure to stop at the Cafe DuMonde in the French Quarter for coffee and and donuts. Also if you stop in Slidell La. Have a shrimp po-boy at the South Side Cafe. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Jack Cassidy

Reply to
Jack Cassidy

I can not help with specifics but here is information on US66

are many Old Highway association in the US. I beleive there is one that has or does drive old 66 on a Periodic basis. I am sure you can find more on Google.

Reply to
Knuttle

Of course...once I'd have thought that was what was; consistently made me wonder if OP did have somewhere else in mind...

--

Reply to
dpb

There are also several books on route 66. I have hopes of riding what's left of it some year.

Reply to
J. Clarke

beignets actually...

But a must when in NO.

Reply to
jo4hn

Café DuMonde in N.O. Check Ted Drewes & Eat-Rite Diner in St. Louis Check

Avoid Cardiologist when I return Check

Thank you, Ed

Reply to
Ed Ahern

Hmmmm, not sure I buy it...... but I'll say "I'm sorry," just in case. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

there's a nice section of it in northern az. part of that is a bowl valley with visibility of about 40 miles of dead straight road. i'm told that it's a good place to test out what the top speed on your car is, but there's just no possiblity that i've done anything like that.

regards, charlie phx, az

Reply to
chaniarts

Oh, Oh, the Cheerios got pissed in again.

Max

Reply to
Max

Charlie, my trip this year is from Florida, to New Orleans (Bucket list), Mississippi River (Bucket list), Vicksburg (Bucket list), Memphis (Bucket list),St. Louis{rt.66 & The Arch} (Bucket list).

Then its off to New England to help my son(very gratifying)

Next summer its off to the west. Alamo (Bucket list), Painted Dessert (Bucket list), Grand Canyon (Bucket list), Las Vegas (Bucket list), Hoover Dam, (Bucket list), and just maybe a certain spot in northern Az. As of this writing I have never been west of Ohio and Ohio was by accident.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Ahern

I prefer a granola cereal.

Reply to
-MIKE-

To piss in, to eat, or to piss in and then eat, Mike? ;)

-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Starbucks in Holbrook, Winslow, or Williams are good.

Reply to
Steve B

Yes. Not necessarily in that order.

Reply to
-MIKE-

A serious disappointment for me. I visited it in 1961 while stationed at Lackland AFB. Tiny place right in the middle of downtown San Antonio. At the time there were numerous radio ads for "Joskie's of Texas, By the Alamo". Shoulda been a clue. Do visit the Riverwalk, and Breckinridge Park. Even in

1961 the Riverwalk was nice and I've seen stories about the improvements over the years. If you go to Breckinridge Park, do rent a horse. DO NOT ask for a gentle horse and make sure that the top half of the Dutch style barn doors is open as you return ...
Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Don't miss the Missions. I thought they were more interesting than the Alamo (which is a Mission as well) Or the Tower of the Americas. If you're interested in the Arch the Tower of the Americas is even higher.

Max