Was: rewiring PC557for 220V

Hello,

It took me a while to get my scanner going and by now the original post is way up where nobody probably is looking at anymore, therefore I am posting a new thread.

Here is the partial scan of the Parts List that mentiones both wiring modes:

120V and 230V.

sent a question to PC as well.

Jenya

Reply to
Jenya

WOW, a pic IS worth a thousand words, isn't it. As you can see, the diagrams are the same for both voltages, except for the capacitor. I expect the capacitor is for arc suppression, which is more of a problem at 240 than at 120V.

Reply to
Wilson Lamb

I'll betcha the part numbers for the motor are different, depending on which voltage it's used for. :)

The capacitator does look to be for arc-suppression, postulating a real "brush-type" motor. assuming it is a fairly small-valued capacitator.

More common, is to find one wired _across_ the switch contacts; serving the same purpose for when the switch is opened/closed.

Indeedy.

all good advice! :)

Reply to
Robert Bonomi