Wanut & cedar lumber needs good home

I picked up about 40 pcs of walnut full 1 x 6-8" x 8' unfinished and

60 pcs or cedar 1 x 6-8" x 8' also unfinished. I do not know much about their specific species. They've been stored sticked in my basement for about 3.5 years. I expected to make something out of them in my semi-retirement, but ....well it's been 3.5 years.

I picked it up at auction for a pretty reasonable amount, and I'm willing to part with it all. I need the space back. I'm in Chicago. If anyone is around and wants to take a look, please e-mail me back. I'd hate to see it go unused.

Thanks

Reply to
Alan Sadler

You might want to specify what kind of cedar...I got a BIG surprise on what passes for cedar when I moved East (never even heard of white cedar before).

Reply to
George

Reply to
Alan Sadler

Reply to
Pat Barber

Tasty stuff, no doubt. Our eastern white (T occidentalis) is also considered tasty. Sort of funny when the tourists notice the browse line along the side of the road, but tough to get new growth past the line, given that everyone who doesn't have them around loves Bambi, and I don't mean with proper spices....

I keep three strands electrified around my peas, but can't spare it for the swamp.

Reply to
George

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Reply to
Alan Sadler

My apologies. You're absolutely right. My anti-spam filters were cutting in, because the mail came through a 'yahoo.com' server, and the sender address was _not_ a yahoo address.

Inbound mail for 'sbcglobal.net' is handled by 'prodigy.net' -- who'd a thunk it, that outbound mail would be via yahoo.com servers?

I've had _4_ domains (AOL,Hotmail, Yahoo, and Netscape) that commonly showed up as bogus senders (or allowed mail through their systems with dishonest sender lines) subjected to 'special treatment' (cross-checking the 'from' address, and the source mailserver) for a number of years. this is the _first_ time that that handling has let me down.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Hi Alan:

I emailed you offline about this--in case you didn't get my message, you can email me back at jtj3 at comcast dot net...thanks!

Jim

Reply to
PC Gameplayer