Wallpaper

Show of hands:

WHO likes wallpapering as much as I do?

DOES it get any easier after the 4th beer?

Reply to
Robatoy

--------------------------------------------------- News Flash=================== Dateline: SoCal

You need a six pack before you even think about wallpapering.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I see that now. You figgur that after all these years........

Reply to
Robatoy

It was just pointed out to me, that certain floral patterns have a 'This Side Up' to them.... WTF? I have seen flowers that pointed their petals to the ground.... Okay, maybe not lillies... but...

Reply to
Robatoy

Now, the way I see it, the trim will help hold that shit up, yes? So in reality, I erred in not having my trusty Paslode ready with some cove moulding and a box of 2" 16 ga nails? Was that wrong? Also, when making a little semi-two-sided loop out of duct tape... it shows through the paper..and doesn't hold all that well when wet.

Reply to
Robatoy

It is likely to go better after # 6 beer. Lew said so.

Reply to
Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote

It was just pointed out to me, that certain floral patterns have a 'This Side Up' to them.... WTF? I have seen flowers that pointed their petals to the ground.... Okay, maybe not lillies... but... ===============

Ahhh..... , the feminine perspctive when it comes to form and color. I am familiar with that one.

My wife is a quilter. She buys fabrics and cuts the flowers out of it. So she can put together quilts where every 3 inch block is a flower. Remember, women just can't have enough flowers. (or chocolate)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

That tray with that little wire and water.... is not supposed to be ON top of the ladder?

Reply to
Robatoy

135 PSI WILL put a staple right THROUGH wallpaper.
Reply to
Robatoy

Having fun yet? More beer, then have a few extra, at least it will look good tonight. ;-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

-------------------------------------------- You have to understand, the 6 pack is so you can qualify as supervisor, not installer.

You leave the installing to a PROFESSIONAL.

Understand?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Forget the tray and water. Just paint the wall with cheap latex paint and slap the paper on while the paint is still wet and the paper is dry. Then curse like crazy when SWMBO decides she wants the paper changed in a few years!!!!!

Reply to
clare

Ah yes, the Secret Referral System.....I forgot. So who's coming over?

Reply to
Robatoy

drat

Reply to
Robatoy

Ah yes, the Secret Referral System.....I forgot. So who's coming over?

--------------------------------------------- You need your Capt'n Midnight secret decoder ring to decode the special message from the high Ayatollah.

Once you have ring, a secret message will appear at the mystery phone booth.

Go to the booth and decode this message, it will self destruct one minute after opening.

The Secret Referral System must not be violated.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It's not bad, if you don't have to remove the old stuff first. Once spent a weekend removing the wallpaper from a LR and DR. Middle of summer and I was using a steamer to get the stuff loose. Beer sweated right through me ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Does it look any better after the 4th beer?

Reply to
Picasso

On Sun, 2 May 2010 13:26:26 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

Otherwise, the little lady might get out the steer-makin' equipment, right? That's WHEN a guy screws it up.

-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No amount of beers can make wallpapering easier.

Wallpaper is pure evil.

`Casper

Reply to
Casper