Walking Challenge

Well I can't keep up with Marv yet, but I did walk 1.9-2 miles today on trail. Sure is easier on the eliptical trainer, but the dogs like a real trail better.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Oops wrong group. Out learning to walk on my bionic legs after crusing both femurs.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Well, now that you've aroused our curiosity, how did you hurt your legs?

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Pinned to the back of a boom truck by a car. Actually bent 1/4" diamond plate steel. I'm just damn glad to still have legs and be able to walk. Actually started puttering around in the shop again in November and was able to make all my xmas presents. So I maybe retired now but who knows. It will have been a year in February.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Wrong group or not, glad you are going to be able to get around.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Geez. THAT sucks.

Glad you're up and around. Hope this year's better than the last.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Damn!

Best of luck on the road back.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thank you all for your responses. Things that tie back into some other threads here. Unfortunately the elderly man that hit me only had $100,000 in liability. That was gone in five days. On the other hand since it was a work related accident Washington state is covering it under workmans comp. However I've been paying about $1.00 hour worked for this. Actually my employer pays that and I think I paid about $.25. On the bad side they only pay you about 60% of your wages. On the good side I had no debt. House and truck paid for. My place isn't fancy, but if I had to pay out $1500 or more a month in mortgage payments I'd be living in a box now. You look around and see inocent people hit by drunk drivers ect., and they loose everything, assuming they live. I spent 2 months in a nursing home and after that I don't think I'll ever feel sorry for myself unless through poor planning I'm on medicaid being fed gruel and wearing diapers. Remeber everyday you come home to your family to give thanks.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Wow. Best wishes for you and that everything works out well.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Mike M wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Best wishes for improving health and continued happiness. Glad that you can live with this in what sounds like an optimistic frame of mind. Keep us abreast of your experiences and outlook.

Reply to
Han

I had knee surgery 12 years ago. Since then I walk about 6 miles a day and once a week 8-12 miles for a mountain hike. Strange, if I do not walk some, I feel pain. Getting outdoors has the benefit of being with nature with fresh air. Exercise machines tend to be boring and those 24/7 exercise places harbor too many germs for my liking. Comfortable shoes makes all the difference.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
Jim Hall

Good luck with your recovery, I wish you well.

I was once pinned by an old lady in a standard shift car that she started in gear(before clutch interlocks) hit me hard enough against a chevy luv pickup to split the skin on front and back of both knees.

It would have been worse except the pickup had been left out of gear and after the initial blow it drifted back out of the way. I'm not sure why it was out of gear but I have been grateful that it was ever since.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk