Paint stick back scratcher

Use a long paint stick. Mark two lines, one 1/4 inch from the end and the other 1/2 inch from the end.. Then, using a band saw, cut about 9 cuts into the end up to the 1/4 inch line. Then sand the cut end on both sides. Then cut the end off at the 1/2 inch line and glue it on to the stick at an angle. Voila! A back scratcher! Works great and it's free.

Nantz

Reply to
Nantz

LOL ... and here's a Deluxe, contrasting wood, medieval, woolly back, 'your itches itch', version.

1/4" holes, drilled in a suitably shaped piece of scrap, filled with dowels run through the shop pencil sharpener to custom sharpness:

price. :)

Reply to
Swingman

I hope that has instructions for proper use!

That thing looks like you would be dragging a sabre tooth cat's claw across your back.

Are you sure that isn't some kind of torture device or German sex toy?

=3D^0

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Oh, but it feels sooooooooooooo good!

:)

Reply to
Swingman

REAL men use a circular saw blade with a 5/8" threaded rod run through the arbor hole for a handle. When some of the teeth get dull from scratching your back, just rotate it a fuzz and you'll have new, sharp teeth. Freud works best, but some guys are happy with DeWalt, also.

Reply to
Nonny

That one is better looking than mine and it looks more.....manly. I'll try yours. Thanks. Nantz

Reply to
Nantz

Much catchier name, too.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Is it just me or do we have a bunch of bursitis-ridden old farts in this group?

Ron

Reply to
RonB

"RonB" wrote

I may be an old fart, but I definitely don't have bursitis. I have ......, I can't seem to remember. Oh, well.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

It's not just you.

Reply to
CW

Reply to
Nonny

Hell, I don't remember the last time I reached the middle of my back!

Reply to
RonB

In fact, if I don't get this Holiday gut off, I won't be able to reach my belly-button!

Reply to
RonB

Bragging or one of us. How old is old.

30 is old, so is 40 and 50 and 60 .... depending on the reference.

Mart> Is it just me or do we have a bunch of bursitis-ridden old farts in > this group? > >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 07:14:08 -0800 (PST), the infamous RonB scrawled the following:

Let's add spinal arthritis, planar fascitis, tinnitus, and, um, allergies to the stew, OK?

Old Fartes also inhabit the RCM group, and probably a lot more.

-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

What happened to having a prostate the size of a grapefruit?

Nonny

Reply to
Nonny

Getting cut on for that this month. Sigh! It's like the warranty expired.

Reply to
LDosser

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 20:11:56 -0800, the infamous "Nonny" scrawled the following:

Go ahead and do that. See if we care. ;)

Sincere condolences if it's true. I don't want to be like Willie Nelson, so sadly stated "I have outlived my penis."

-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 21:09:53 -0800, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

G'luck on that one. I added rib bruising to my list yesterday. Climbing down from a client's porch, my boot slipped and my arm caught me, strumming my ribs on the railing. I feel like an old Zydeco tune this morning. (Where's my Ben Gay? Actually, I use my sister's Nature's Sunshine salve, Tei Fu, which has a much nicer odor.)

Some day, I'll be down at the tattoo parlor getting that "Do Not Resuscitate" tat on my left wrist... When Mother Nature says it's the end of the line, who am I to argue? Besides, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.

-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I gave 5 of them for Xmas gifts and they were much appreciated. One present I got was a Silver Bullet remote control helicopter and it is not easy to figure out. I've crashed it 100 times but the blades are on a hinge and don't break. I finally learned how to stop it from spinning with a button labeled 'trim' but the left and right turn button isn't so obedient for me. I'm working on it. Nantz

Reply to
Nantz