I recently came across an old Wadkin Bursgreen 12" TS tucked away in storage
at the company I work for. So after much prodding I swung a deal for it and
got it home this past week. Initial inspection showed that the blade height
adjustment required more effort than it should, but other than that things
seemed to be in good condition.
I started stipping the saw down today to get rid of the 3ph motor, clean it
up and investigate the blade height adjustment problem. It turns out the
toothed portion of the height adjestment is worn pretty badly. I would say
30% of the teeth are damaged quite bad, while the rest seem ok.
I realize its damn near impossible finding parts for these things so my
question is: how do i fix this? Is custom machining my only option?
Any help would be appreciated
A competent welder can weld the teeth close to the original configuration:
Then grind and file them to near perfection if all else fails.
But I'm sure the other poster's right about the home office being able to
Just keep the welding process in mind and use a hardfacing rod.
I would think that would be your best bet.
By the way, there are a couple/few Wadkin owners on the OWWM
forum and you might want to query the group for information.
Not saying you'll get a response, just that it's free and
you won't be out anything but some time.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.