Unreadable msg

About mid-day today, I read all of the msgs which would open. That left one msg which I could not get anyway I tried to get it. I restarted from a cold start. It is still there and unfetchable.

Has, or did, this happened to any of you?

Hoyt W.

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

Hoyt Weathers wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hiwaay.net:

It happens to me about once a year. Does your newsreader have the "reconstruct thread" feature like Xnews does?

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

My newsreader does not have the "reconstruct thread" feature. By reasonable deduction, I believe the ghost msg is "Crafters Needed" since I only saw it when Bob replied to it. It does not appear in my view of the rec. msgs . Considering the topic, I would not be interesting in it in any event. I will just forget about it.

Hoyt W.

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

It sounds like the message index for the group which is stored on your computer has become corrupted. This can often be corrected by:

  1. Unsubscribe from the group.
  2. Clear your news reader's cache (both memory and disk).
  3. Re-subscribe to the group.

HTH

Nova

Nova wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net:

It's also possible the message has expired, depending upon how long/much the server wants to keep things hanging around.

One can always go to groups.google.com and search for the thread ...

Regards, JT

Reply to
John Thomas

News providers have been known to expire *everything* after a system problem and start from scratch.

DAMHIKT

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y