Unisaw questions

I have decided to go with a 50" Unisaw for my shop. It seems that Amazon has a good price on the 36-844. It will run $1750, plus free shipping and mobile base. I was wondering how much assembly is involved when it comes, not counting calibration. Will it fit through a 36" doorway? TIA

Reply to
""Nobody"

My Jet involved attaching the right and left steel wings, fence rail, magnetic switch, rear table support rail, lift/tilt wheels, table board and legs. The Jet fit through a 30" door. The Delta will be similar.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

The base need to be assembled, install the wings, side table board and fence rail. I think it took me about 1.5 hours this past winter but I also removed the top to go through a 32" doorway so I could go down my basement stairs. I found the directions excellent, everything explained step by step. The Unisaw was the the first piece of woodworking tools I purchased, I figured....buy it once and be set for life. If I ever sell my home I don't know how I'm going to get everything back up those stairs.....bandsaw, jointer, radial arm saw and router cabinet.

Good Luck

Reply to
Scottso