unifence question

Thanks to an auction about a while back, I upgraded my Craftsman contractors saw with the exactirip 2424 fence to a Delta contractors saw with the 30" unifence. I really love it. I have purchased a Mighty T Track fence upgrade so I can attach my board buddies and that is where I have this question. Since the unifence does not have a rear support and the board buddies have spring tension, how do you keep the fence down in the rear. I have thought about clamping the fence but I want to build an outfeed table in the near future and clamping would be difficult unless i cut slots in the table. I am just wondering what other unifence users do.

I can't think of any times that I have used the Board Buddies when the Fence was over the cast iron part of the table. I was thinking of using a Magnet out of an old hard drive (strong stuff) and fashion a slotted post that extends from the magnet along the fence and attatches with a knob in the T Track. I think that would be a PITA to make adjustments though.

Anyway, I really love that fence system. The saw upgrade has me thinking of how nice a Cabinet saw could be also.

Thanks.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Cox

snippage...

Most people use a C-clamp with an angle attached to the fence. With an outfeed table this will be tough unless you design around it. As for the magnet, I don't think it will be enough.

By the way, looks like you are going through the natural progression of machinery acquisition. Congratulations.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Reply to