Tucson

We are going to be visiting the U of A Cancer Center tomorrow and perhaps several more times throughout this year. I was hoping someone might direct us to any good eateries and other cool shops in the area.

Thanks,

cm

Reply to
cm

My sincerest wishes for you and yours and the hope that they can take care of the problems. They're doing great things these days. so keep the faith.

Reply to
Robatoy

Fourth avenue has a lot of shops and restaurants, as does the Barrio district. Hope your visits here are fruitful. Tom

Reply to
tom

Beyond Bread- 3026 N. Campbell Avenue Just north of the hospital- if you are going to main hospital area. They have the best sandwiches and pastries in town.

Reply to
anne watson

Well, that all depends on what kind of food!?!

Tucson has a famous hot dog place at El Guero Canelo (the best hot dog there is.... The place itself is a tent on a road... but it is always packed and its cheap)

Best carne asada is at El Charro

Janos (4 star) bring lots of money (you will need it)

Hacienda del Sol which is Janos sister resturant (more casual atmosphere)

Need more? Let me know...

...Imagine what I can do with a NJ request!

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
Joe AutoDrill

If you like real Mexican food, not that crap at taco bell, Tucson is heaven. Almost all of the Mexican restaurants are family owned and operated and each has their own specialties and add subtle uniqueness to the standard fare. I used to live there and that is what I miss most about the place. Best Chimi's and best overall - Micha's 2908 s 4th avenue Their carne seca chimi, enchilada style with melted cheese on top is pure bliss. Best enchiladas - Mi Nidito 1813 s 4th avenue Excellent charcoal grilled Mexico City style fare at La Parrilla Suiza 5602 E Speedway Blvd Art

Reply to
Artemus

Best of luck.

Who hasn't had the Big C visit their family, these days ?

It's hit pretty close to me. Fortunately, it left without taking anybody with it.

May you/your loved one beat it .... and as unscathed as is humanly possible.

Reply to
Neil Brooks

I was hoping someone

CM

Teresas' Mosaic. Westside. NW Corner Grant and Silverbell. Behind McDonalds.

El Molinitos. 3 locations. I do the 22nd street one every month. Craycroft and 22nd street. West a block on the southside.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Hi,

If you like Mexican, I would suggest Rosa's It is in the shopping stip at the South West corner of Campbell and Fort Lowell. The Cancer center is on Campbell, and Fort Lowell is about a mile South of it.

Best of luck with your trouble. Peace, Roger

=================================================== >

Reply to
user

=A0The Cancer center is on Campbell,

Roger

How about Campbell/Ft Lowell being a mile NORTH of the cancer center?

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Craig hails from these parts and we have met and drank coffee. Really nice guy even though he now lives in Quebec.. ;-} =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

From Craig: (cm)

Rob,

I have been unable to post or reply to the group. I would appreciate it very much if you could post this for me.

"Thanks all! I'll note all your suggestions in my phone for our next visit. I have been to a few of the places and they were good. Also thank you for the well wishes, kind words and prayers.

Jill has stage three breast cancer. We have been fighting 4 1/2 years now. Her attitude is amazing. Our visit really put us at ease. The doctors there are first class.

Now go do something nice for your spouses."

Sincerely,

Craig McCormick

Reply to
Robatoy

EDIT EDIT

Skip that part. I made a mistake. Wrong Craig.

Reply to
Robatoy