TS fence protection

How can I protect my TS fence from being marred up from sliding wood?

Rich

Reply to
Searcher

If it is a quality fence, sliding wood against it won't harm it in the least, and if it's not, it can be argued that it doesn't matter anyway.

That said, a little buffed up Johnson's Paste Wax, or TopCote, applied to the fence will make the wood slide easier and mitigate some of the friction that you are worried about.

Reply to
Swingman

Remove it from the saw. Stretch wrap it and place it upon a shelf. Clamp a 2X4 in it's place.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

... but first, mount a dial indicator on the 2x4 and build a reference jig that will lay into the miter groove on the table saw. Makes setting up that

2x4 rip fence almost a breeze.
Reply to
Mike Marlow

don't slide any wood against it

it's a tool. use it. wax will make it slide a little better.

Reply to
bridger

Don't use it.

Reply to
CW

Wax it, cover it, or don't use it!

David

Searcher wrote:

Reply to
David

Attach a piece of 1X6 to the fence. You can create a fence that is taller and longer that will aid in certain cutting situations. It will also protect your fence but you shouldn't be cutting the kind of things that will really damage the fence.

Dick

Reply to
Richard Cline

I'm not doing any cutting that is actually damaging the fence but I have noticed rubbing marks. I did clean it off and then applied paste wax. I made a cabinet for my wife and found that the wax is working very well.

Thank you for the help

Rich

Reply to
Searcher