Triton Router - unbelievable customer service

I got my Triton Router 2 years ago as a gift. I admittedly was a little nervous about Triton, because I had not heard much about them and was worried about quality and service. I've been using my Triton router to do a lot of my heavy duty work (ie. making my own baseboard, making raised panels) and its an absolute beast of a motor and has been a pleasure to use.

I've been making some panel doors lately and noticed that, when hung in the table, the rack and pinion plunge mechanism moved a little rough and the micro-adjust mechanism, didn't work at all.

I found an online review at:

author mentioned he experienced the same problem and used shims to correct it (basically transferring the weight of the motor a little more evenly over both post instead of just the post with the rack and pinion gears). To me, that wasn't an ideal solution, because you might end up with a bit that was not perpendicular to the table.

I emailed Triton customer service, hoping they would have some information that would help me with a "fix" for the problem. Well, I promptly got a reply that there was no information that they could give me and was told that they agreed, shims were a less than ideal solution, so they would REPLACE MY ROUTER FOR FREE. As the online article mentioned, they had already noticed the problem and engineered a solution into the new models.

To be honest, I was shocked after 2 years that they would be willing to outright replace my router. I didn't even ask for a replacement, they simply offered it. Adam in customer service said I should have it in 2 days!

Too bad every company doesn't stand behind their products this well.

Chuck

Reply to
WoodChuck34

In a word...DAMN!

Jim

Reply to
James D. Kountz

Dontja just luv these Ozzies

Reply to
Sprog

New Zealanders generally don't!!

However, I gotta admit, the Triton is a mighty impressive router. I now have one after trying quite a few others around the local WW guild- it's good.

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox