Triton Router?

I'm thinking about replacing my Hitachi M12 non-variable speed router. This is my main handheld tool, so it's replacement will be used exclusively handheld. Those of you who have the triton please give your opinions of it's handheld use good or bad. Thanks for any help.

-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES Manchester, CT

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)

Remove "no" to reply

Reply to
Bill Rittner

Bill,

I have the Triton. It is the best table-mounted router going around! As for hand held use, well I find it a bit cumbersome given its size. It does work ok handheld, don't get me wrong, but I prefer a router thats a little lighter to be pushing across the boards for handheld use. My Triton stays cemented in my table, where it hasn't faulted yet. I opted for a smaller 2HP router for handheld use. Review of the Triton here:

Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews
5 Reviews:

- Workshop Essentials Under $30

- Festool PS 300 Jigsaws

- Delta Universal Tenoning Jig

- Ryobi Reciprocating Saw

- Infinity Router Bits

SawEyes

One appraisal at the

link.

Routerman P. Warner

Reply to
Sprog

Hi Bill, Before Christmas I was rounding over the edge of a table top using my PC690 and it came time to move to a bigger bit. It would not fit through the hole in the base plate so I removed my Triton from it's table mount and used it. I approached using the Triton for a handheld operation with some degree of reservation because of comments made by others on it being awkward, ect. Geeze, what a joy to use. The soft start and slow speed setting were great. Like a hot knife going through butter. For this type of operation I much prefer it to the

690. However, I would think that a smaller router might be better if most of your "hand held" routing was using a dovetail jig type of operation. My 2 cents, Cheers, JG

Bill Rittner wrote:

Reply to
JGS

My Triton router is in my table, and I love it. The PC's at school are so noisy, but my Triton is sooo quiet.

Reply to
Wilson