Dewalt Scroll saw, how is it doing now?

Hello,

Looking to buy a scroll saw. I read the archives and most of you from a few years back until present purchased Dewalt's model. How do you like it now? Does it still do all you want it to, and run mostly problem free?

The reason I ask is, I read in the archives about switch and board problems, some knocking and a few other odd goings on.

The price ranges are very odd to me, with most models being at one end or the other. So I am curious how middle of the road is doing as that is usually the best choice for many. Thanks for your time.

Reply to
Ben A Gozar

It is my understanding that Dewalt has recently changed manufacturers of their scroll saw and the new version is not so great. I have a 4 year old copy and love it.

Reply to
RussJames

We've been selling them since their inception, and its my belief that DeWalt changed the manufacturer for the STAND not the saw. There have been multiple different versions of the stand: sheet metal, tubing, tubing and sheet together, etc.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I recently Bought a Dewalt , I have never been ino scrolling but thought I would get one to piddle around with,

Looked at everything on the market and probably for what i will do with it would have been happy with the Dremel

189.99 at HD, but i also stayed in the middle of the Road and went with the Dewalt Can't even hear it run, for what little I have used it it lives up to its Hype.

Best Price in town, Amazon, 419.95 for the saw, stand and light, I didn't mind waiting and went with free freight If you want just the saw they sell it for 399.00 which is the best price around.

Good Luck, George

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

WW'sWarehouse has the saw, stand and light for $399 now.

-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES Manchester, CT

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)

Reply to
Bill Rittner

Reply to
George M. Kazaka