Tools and accessories to buy from HF

Yes, from what I've observed, people who do this sort of thing don't have a perspective largeenough to include anyone but themself. If they can get away with it, then they link it's"fair".

Reply to
Bill

OK, I have decided I don't like customer service. Not one bit. I had to return a couple of items to HD today, you know, the store where the Sunday crew usually wishes they were cleaning stables in the stockyard rather than to be there.

They couldn't get the SKU to work right on their machine even though I had a receipt... .even though I just wanted credit back to my commercial account...

It took a high level conference with a snotty twenty something "manager" of some sort between two different people do to decide how to properly handle the credit to my account. After another 10 minutes of random key strokes, the finally got the account credited properly. Finally, it came to one of them that they had actually missed a keystroke along the way. Upon that discovery, the "manager" took it upon himself to take the young, nervous, attractive young teen under his nerdy protective wing and make it a teaching moment before he finalized my transaction.

Total time to return galvanized pipe joint fitting? Almost 25 minutes.

NOW THAT is the customer service I am used to. It was like sitting in a comfortable old chair to sit down on the water softener salt and watch the monkeys play with the machines.

My experience with HF is much less irritating and certainly not as entertaining. I go with a receipt, they take the product back and it takes less than 5 minutes. I hate it. Gimme 25 minutes and a bag of popcorn to take care of a routine 5 minute transaction and I will be happy at my normal outlets. I am so used to shitty customer service I think it is my comfort zone.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Bought a 50' 3/8" hose retractable reel. I had to leave it in the equipment shed over 2 weeks before I could install it in the shop.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Careful Rob, you hang out whith Leon and Swingy... Leon hob knobs with the Festoolies, I'm not sure he'll want to associate with you if you keep this up. ;-)

Reply to
woodchucker

Actually that's just the quartz halogen that operate at about 650 F. The acid on your hands will etch the glass.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Actually the HF by me (1 hour drive) has told me that certain items are no longer returnable unless you pay a restocking fee. I found this out when I bought the fountain pump for my basement sink. I was shocked.

But then I see all these yahoos buy a tool use it and return it, and realize that they are spearheading this restocking fee effort.

Reply to
woodchucker

Not true with mine from HF. It is adjustable, not much, but slightly. It is plenty fine to see with.

Reply to
woodchucker

I bought one $20 set, found them to be too off, bought a second set, and I was able to pick and choose a good set between them, total cost $40.

Would I do it again? Maybe. The dado bottom is still a bit rough but I can clean that up quickly with a router plane.

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

Robert is an official honorary auditor of the FIG. Swingman is the president, he has the cap.

Reply to
Leon

Next time you are in Houston go grocery shopping at Randall's. Once upon a time in the 70's and early to late 80's this was a grocery store that others wished they could be. A little pricey, that has not changed, but the service was superior and you did not carry out your groceries at the one near us. Now Randall's is owned by Safeway and is the only way that Safeway can survive in Houston, they never made it under their own name. Want shitty service, go to Randall's!

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

If he leaves it at your house, does that make you the president? *g*

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Ah yes, "The Cap". ... I am indeed the (temporary) custodian of that exalted item. It was bestowed (temporarily) by a certain Festool Drug deal,err Lord for unflagging, budgetary fealty to the cause; termination of custody immediate upon purchase of any large tool from a Pacific rim purveyor of inferior products, due to insufficient means to maintain said budgetary fealty, temporary or otherwise.

Reply to
Swingman

Give him the whole contract, not just a short explanation in a nut shell. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

On 2/17/2013 5:36 PM, Mike M wrote: ...

Valid concern but unfounded...the lenses meet same ANSI Standards as do the big boys...

Reply to
dpb

Do you have a model # recommendation.

Reply to
Mike M

LMAO!!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

"Use" and "try it out" are really two different things.

I bought a log-splitter from HF. It took someone with the muscles of the Great Atlas to split the logs I had! Certainly not me.

When I returned the log splitter, I told the staff the problem and, even thought the tool was 'used', they took it back with no dispute.

Reply to
HeyBub

Haven't seen it since he was presented with it. :-)

Reply to
Leon

In the interest of brevity I left out the part that requires my first born as collateral for buying Festool products.

Reply to
Swingman

Briefly, that's because the security requirements are extensive ... it must be kept in a temperature controlled, combination lock Systainer.

Reply to
Swingman