On topic ...

I liked his rip fence.

Reply to
Leon

My Japanese is a little rusty, but I'm pretty sure that "what he said" included "we don't need no steenking riving knife, fence, biscuits, jointer, clamps (not always, anyway) or even a workbench.

Apparently at least one man in Japan uses his planes to make furniture, not just 8 micron ribbon shavings.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Heh! He spreads glue the same way I do :)

Neat way to straighten out a board too. Arigato.

Reply to
dadiOH

Wow. Leather strapping as a band clamp. Tucked that one away in the old brain, I did.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I am betting if you dampen the leather it will tighten as it dries.

Reply to
Leon

I couldn't tell what he says... :) ]

Reply to