Tool ReReview - Refurb Delta Unisaw - Part Three

It's cool, Dude.

A question I've pondered myself...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Actually no. I may have missed it but no actual wood has been sawn as yet. The bottom line is: does it perform?.

I don't wish Greg to stop posting, or to change the character of his posts. I just like to reserve the right to jab a pointy stick now and then if he gets too anal.

(nothing personal)

-Steve

Reply to
Stephen M

If you want to know how it cuts wood, wait for Part Seven.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

It has cut wood, I just haven't gotten that part. Geeze, if I give away the ending, no one will buy the book.

Uhh... using the words pointy-stick, jab, and anal in the same sentence is a bit unnerving.

You get around my anal with that stick and it will be.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

a sore spot...eh?

Reply to
BobS

Yeah, Yeah - cheap shot, I agree. But my fingers have a mind of their own - especially the middle one...

But that's no fun....

I'm actually not concerned about the measure. I will probably replace it with a Starrett metal 3/4" anyway. It was just FYI.

As for Delta's number - hey, it's on the speed dial. I have a shop full of their stuff. I've never had much of a problem - except one right after B&D bought them. And another when I tried to get the parts through an authorized dealer who subsequently billed me for warranty parts. And then there was the time...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Greg G. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Just a note to say that I too am reading the discourse 'tween you and Frank. Please keep posting.

I'm learning stuff.

Reply to
Patrick Conroy

Bruce, I have the TS Aligner Jr and the 45 degree angle block. I don't use them every day, but when I do, I'm mighty glad to have them. Get the DVD too. It has some tricks not shown in the book I think.

DonkeyHody "I'd rather expect the best from people and be wrong than expect the worst and be right."

Reply to
DonkeyHody

We have a climate controlled dirty room. Does that count?

Reply to
Roy

Incidentally, just so you don't think I didn't notice what you said while I was rambling on about other nonsense, I assume you meant that the trunnions and arbor support assembly should be held securely together, as in clamped from front to rear, and evenly on both sides before tightening the trunnion to cabinet bolts? Is this correct?

I am assuming this is necessary to prevent excessive play in the trunnion slides, and to possibly prevent the entire arbor/motor assembly from falling out. I haven't checked the total clearances available here, so the latter may be impossible.

Thanks, Frank.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

No. I would like to see more reviews like this. Not likely from the magazine press, but on Usenet Next Month, Greg on Grizzly!

er

Reply to
Enoch Root