Windbreak plan for a Gas grill

I was hunting for some kind of a shield to build that is collapsible for storage that I could build for my gas grill to stop the wind. I did a search and couldn't find one on the net. I was wondering if any of you have come up with a device to handle this problem. It seems that every time I want to cook out it's too windy to get good heat. Thanks for your ideas. It seems as though this would be a good invention for someone to make some money off of.

Reply to
Dave

I have.

They have very tough (hurricane-proof) sun/bug screen in a variety of colours. Some of the denser weaves are less than 40% air. A roll-up screen from that stuff will block all the wind you'll need blocked and is just porous enough to allow some air circulation. Works great as a sun-filter and privacy screen too.

I used it as a screen for loudspeakers. Not even the drunkest roadies could get past it to wreck any drivers.

'll tell you where to get that stuff in your area.

As usual, no affiliation other than as a happy customer.

Reply to
Robatoy

I just grill in the living room when it's too windy outside.

Kidding, of course.

I'm watching this post to see if someone comes up with something. We've got gusts to 50mph (that's 80kph for the rest of the world) in Chi-town today. All day.

Reply to
Hedley

Reply to
Mike Coonrod

Try doing a Google search for "ice fishing wind break".

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

I use a large umbrella. It is light weight, portable, and stores well plus it blocks the wind from any direction by simply moving the umbrella. I keep one in the same place I store the grill.

Works for me.

Marv

Reply to
Marvin Wheeler

Mary, Sounds like a great idea, but how do you keep the umbrella from blowing around?

Reply to
BONNIE