Tool Chest follow up

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I gave my son a 30" Milwaukee tool chest and was so impressed that I ordered the 46" version for myself.

As luck would have it and after waiting for the day that it should have arrived, about 10 days, I called to schedule pickup. After being on hold for about 5 minutes the voice on the other end indicated that I had paid for the chest but they failed to order the chest.

They wanted to talk to me about choosing another chest, in stock, or actually ordering the one I originally paid for.

I went to my local store and inquired about a discount if I bought "2"

20" Milwaukee chests and a $50 discount per chest was offered. Then I thought, 2 identical chests for $100 more than I had already spent?

I changed my mind entirely. I dropped the idea of getting either Milwaukee chest and went for the Husky HD 52" chest. This chest has weight capacity of 2500lbs vs. IIRC 1800 for the 46" Milwaukee. it also has more drawers and like the Milwaukee the drawers are soft close but with a 120 lb per drawer capacity, 240 lbs on the two bottom drawers. 6 casters and loads of storage.

Packing was very similar to that of the VietNam built Milwaukee but the Husky is built in China. Some assembly required however every thing was bolted or screwed into riveted nuts and fit was perfect. Bottom box weight was about 280 lbs, and the top box was about 190 lbs.

I have transferred my tools from my old overstuffed 26" Craftsman and still have about half the assembly available for more tools. ;~)

Home depot extended, with out me asking, the $50 discount towards the

52" Husky leaving me with a $50 credit. bo$nus!

Leon

You suck ...

Reply to
Swingman

You forgot to mention the bottle opener. So now you need a shop cooler and some long-necks to make the shop complete.

You did good!

Reply to
G. Ross

Right you are, LOL. My wife installed that particular component and my neighbor and I tested on a couple of beer bottles. It WORKED!

So now you need a shop cooler

I think so. ;~) At least I can close the top box lid and everything fits comfortably.

Reply to
Leon