The trip and Hartland Hardware !!!!!!

So.... my wife and I just got back from our "oblgation" trip, 12 days on the road.

Day 1 From the Houston area we stopped in West Memphis AR.

Day 2 On to Terra Haute IN.

Day 3 On to Elkhart IN and stayed 3 nights. Visited the RV museum, train museum and my wife's brother and his family.

Day 6 On to North Canton, OH. Stayed 3 nights and visited out daughter in-law's parents and brothers/ sisters, and nephew.

AND We visited Hartville Hardware again. WOW this place is like 3 HD, Lowes and or Menards put together. The tool section beats any tool store that I have ever been in. They stock a pretty much complete line of Shaper Orion, Saw Stop, King, Festool, Jet, Rikon, Powermatic, Makita, Milwaukee, DeWalt, and probably a load of other brands of hand tools. To top it all of they have the longest extension ladder I have ever seen, 60 feet long and hanging from the ceiling all extended. Absolutely worth a look if you are in the Akron area.

Day 9 On to Paduka KY.

Day 10 On to Bentonville AR.

Day 11 On to Piedmont OK. More relatives.

Day 13 On to H O M E yeah!!!!!

That concluded our 3477 mile trip.

BTY we need Menards down here in Houston, Hartville Hardware is probably too much to hope for. :-)

Happy New Year!!!!!

Reply to
Leon

12 days, 3500 miles and more words about a hardware store than the rest of the entire trip. No doubt about where *your* interests lie. ;-)

Glad you had fun. Happy New Year!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I thought it was obvious from the way Day 6 in North Canton, Ohio was phrased.

Reply to
knuttle

I'm just happy we have a few hundred Lowes and BORGs, plus a couple of Woodcrafts and Rocklers, and a Peachtree and a Highland in easy driving range (if you could call driving anywhere in Atlanta "easy"). OTOH, we're really short on decent hardware stores.

+1
Reply to
krw

Leon wrote in news:1cCdnfpQH6KFbZHDnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

You're getting close to Lambert's in Sikeston, but it's probably a good detour if you're on the way to Indiana.

Walmart museum?

Not a bad place to spend a few hours.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Never heard of the WalMart museum, but was in Bentonville when WalMart was just starting to expand and went in the original store. It was a tiny store, dark and dingy, with narrow aisles and stuff stacked 9 ft high.

Reply to
G Ross

LOL, I feel it was an obligation trip. ;~) But the new F150 was a dream.....

Reply to
Leon

My wife and I plan to visit Georgia soon when the big woodworking convention happens in Atlanta. Maybe not this year but maybe 2022.

Happy New Year!!!

Reply to
Leon

We were close to Sikeston. What is Lamberts?

Nope, we had an early stop for over night in Bentonville. We specifically stopped there to see the Crystal Bridge Museum.. Very cool!

Reply to
Leon

Heck I used to go to the original Whataburger in Corpus Christi. Small is a good description, you ordered outside and was handed your order outside.

Leon

In case some of you have not seen or visited Hartville Hardware,

Leon

Most of the good old hardware stores are going away. This was one of my favorites when I was in the area:

Scott Lurndal

I actually ordered an out feed table from 7 Corners about 6 years ago.

FWIW the Hartville hardware compound is owned by the Amish. Service was stellar.

Reply to
Leon

Home of throwed rolls, they toss the bread rolls. A now closed restaurant, in Murphysboro, Illinois stole they're best roll thrower to one up them.

Reply to
Markem

The drive home to western NY from the annual championship Soap Box Derby races in Akron always included a stop at Quaker Steak and Lube in Erie, PA, just a block or so off I-90.

One year we took a day away from Derby Downs and drove to the original Quak er Steak and Lube in Sharon PA. Nothing like the humongous franchises seen elsewhere.

DerbyDad03

Should have done that before

Reply to
Markem

You need to take a trip up toWelbeck Sawmill just north of Durham Ontario if you are liiking for an assortment of woodworking tools!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

for a short introduction see

and

Clare Snyder

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

We just looked for the signs when we headed that way.

We usually stop at the one in Ozark, MO about halfway between Springfield and Branson.

I'm going to have to check that out. My Aunt lives just outside Fayetteville.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

My older ('13) F150 runs like a dream too but we took SWMBO's '19 Mustang to Vermont in October. Good thing because I had a seizure while we were there (day before we were supposed to leave) and she had to drive the entire trip home. I can't drive until mid-April, assuming nothing else happens. :-( :-(

Reply to
krw