The Opposite Of UHMW?

These work well on wallets....

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

It's called carpet tape. Get the kind with the plastic mesh embedded in it.

Reply to
Mike G

Plastidip is good.

Reply to
Silvan

Is there some reason you have rejected double sided tape?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I was thinking more along the lines of this one

?page=47883&category=1,43456,43399&ccurrency=2&SID=It should be able to grab both corners to break it lose from the pocket. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

You bemember dat red rubber gasket mateterial, Spanky?

I'd beese double face tapin' it onna bottom of da jig.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

How about one of those non-slip Router pads??

John

Reply to
John

In my tub they do. But I think I bought them in white. I could send them to you.

Reply to
igor

Yes, it works as advertised. I wrecked one of the leveling feet on my bandsaw's mobile base and the replacement HTC sent me was the wrong size. Rather than wait for another one, I went to the hardware store but the only correctly sized leveling feet I could find were all metal, not plastic covered like the original. So I got a can of Plastidip and dipped the metal part several times (with a few hours of drying time between each dipping). It worked just fine.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

You might try some of the thin, rubbery material reataurants and bars use to line their glassware shelves. Here is an example of a similar product:

you can probably obtain it from your local restaurant supply store. Your friendly neighborhood innkeeper might even have some spare pieces he would give you.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Put double sided tape on one side of the grip tape used to build out the thickness of tennis racquet handles. Its made to be ... well ... grippy. Joe

Reply to
joey

high voltage electrical tape.

or a glob of silicone rubber on each foot. let it dry before you turn it back right side up.

Reply to
bridger

Yes. I need to move the jig off the work top for storage and re-position it for use at a later time/date. With double stick/two-sided/carpet tape half the time the tape sticks to one side or the other. I just need it to stick to the jig and not slide about the work top when moderate pressure is applied laterally.

In other words, the opposite of UHMW.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Look for foamy plastic drawer liner or shelf "paper" at *-Mart.

It's about $6 for a big roll. I use it for sanding, routing, etc... A LIGHT misting of water will make it a bit tacky. The stuff comes in

4-5 colors and also works well lining tool drawers, and a much lower price than "rollaway drawer liner"!

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Keith, there have been some very good suggestions already (I read them all), so I won't go over them other than to comment on the possibility of movement when using the rubberised type mat. A jig is normally designed to allow consistent, accurate work; a mat that has even limited movement will obviate the purpose.

I did notice that non-one has mentioned a vacuum clamp, which would seem perfect for your needs, and reuseable, though you said a clamp was a bit over the top.

hybrid would have holes top and bottom to allow a generic plate that you can sit things on to hold.

Two sided carpet tape seems like a winner too.

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

Try these links:

in the Yellow pages for die cutters or gasket makers, there is a good chance you can score some scraps big enough for your project.

Once you get your material try 3M spray adhesive. An industrial adhesive supplier will have 3M or other brands of transfer adhesive in a variety of widths. A plus on the silicone sheet it is available in (Delta) gray...

Phil Davis

247PalmBeachRE.com
Reply to
Phil

I found this when I wasn't looking for it.

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

How big an area do you need to cover? It has been suggested - the super high friction tape from Lee Valley

I use it a few jigs and recently put it on the face of my biscuit cutter - works great

Another suggestion is to take a section of old bike tire tube and contact cement it on the jig. ... but I don't think it will hold as well as the tape.

Let us know what you have try and what you end up with.

Matt

Take a look at the silicone tape Lee Valley sells. If it's the right stuff in the wrong shape, you'll at least have a name to search on...

Reply to
Morris Dovey

If the Canuck tape is too pricey - the local Borg sells PSA (one side) non-skid pads. They come in strips, circles, etc. See if they're 'sticky' enough. It's about 1/16" or so thick, you'll have to determine if it's too resiliant for your application...

JeffB

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Reply to
JeffB