The new Festool Domino

FWW has a short clip demo-ing the new domino. Supposedly it cuts compound mortises for loose tennon joinery.

Leon

Lee

but a bit more expensive.

Reply to
Toller

Seems only the European websites mention it:

Flex Flint

>> So it does the same thing as a $10 dowel jig? It is obviously much

Well if you want to simplify it that way, why use a dowel jig at all? Why not just use a drill and bit?

Does a $10 dowel jig work on compound angles or cut slots over 1" wide? I don't think so.

Reply to
Leon

It will do the joint they showed in the demo about as well, and not that much longer to do. Perhaps the machine will do more than they showed, but perhaps it won't.

1" slots? I just did a table joining the legs to the aprons with 2 1/2" dowels. It is certainly strong enough.
Reply to
Toller

Yeah, 1" slots to accept 1" wide tennons.

Reply to
Leon