Neener Neener!

Ordered my PM 2000 today (1792000K) at Woodcraft. I got 10% off and it came with some clamps as a promo. Got to wait ten freak'en days. T-E-N days Man! Ten more days....

Did I mention I have to wait ten days? :^|

Reply to
Garage_Woodworks

Then you get to break you back putting it together. LOL.... You must show up pics.

Reply to
Leon

Very cool for you. Show us pics.

cm

Reply to
CM

Definitely will show pics. I am pretty excited. I have put up with a contractors saw since day one and she has been a good saw. And, even though space is limited in my shop, I don't think I will be able to let her go!

FWW online has a video of a guy assembling the PM2000. I think I will watch it a few more times.

(If you have a subscription:

My first project on the PM2000 will be the night stand that I am designing now

Garage_Woodworks

I know the feeling but once you get accustomed to the new saw you may find that you are more fond of the space that the old one is taking up.

Oh heck yeah, and get your wife to sit down with you to watch it. This is important! ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Makes the design "Hell for stout", eliminates needs for center drawer guide, provides full support for the drawers.

I just finished a chest of drawers using dust cover technique.

Did I say, "Hell for stout"?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Hang in there! It'll be worth it.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

I looked at the PM2000 also today, the 1792001K (with the rout-r-lift) the Woodcraft in Leesburg VA told me that they couldn't give me a deal till the annual 1 March 10% off sale. They said they could take the order today, but it won't be placed till 1 March. I made the cardboard box shape in put it in the garage so I can get used to parking around it. This is our first house (townhouse) in years, we lived in condo's in Japan and Hawaii. I'm ready to get the saw and the $230 saved for a month's wait will buy the router for the lift. Jack

Reply to
EWCM

Glad to hear you'll be getting a new saw. How long do you have to wait for it?

Did I mention when I bought my new saw I took it home that morning? Did you take yours home yet?

Enjoy.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hey Garage (may I call you Garage?),

You excited at all?

booyah, j4

Reply to
jo4hn

a 3 drawer night stand design myself. Wish I had a saw like that to build them with.

Reply to
yugami

I agree, congratulations are in order. I enjoy reading the positive stuff in this blog. I get very tired of wading through the vitrol. I wish you the best with your new toy and I suspect you will find a new owner for your old saw when you have had the time to develop your relationship with the new one. I also think you should involve your wife in the introduction. After all, the PM200 will get more of your time than she will! I am forturnate enough to live near the corporate store. I dream shop there frequently. Regards, Dave G.

Reply to
Dave

Gonna give us a daily count down? Marc (who waited a lot longer when he bought his Unisaw, but I'm no martyr)

Reply to
marc rosen

YOU are an evil bastard...but I it passes the funny test

Mike

Reply to
The Davenport's

When I bought my second bandsaw I kept the old 14', and left a 1/4" blade on it. With a second table saw I would have to ask if I needed a dedicated dado station or sliding table set up. I have a laguna sliding table on my unisaw so I don't think I need another saw.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M