new woodworking machinery company

guess we can all start our own woodworking machinery company. You just need a lot of cash, you pay yourself a trip to China, you pick your suppliers and you pick your "company official color". Sorry, yellow, red, gray, green, blue, white are already taken. You get your containers full of Chinese made tools back in America and you start

Reply to
calvert arnold

320

They've been around a little while. I had a look at their machinery when I went to the Toronto woodworking show in March. I'd say they're pretty close in quality to Jet tools. My preference will remain with General tools.

Reply to
Upscale

Link got munged in reader or some other browser problem -- got empty page except for paid for links (which is really getting to the point as to making me not even approach the Taunton site any longer as a side peeve :( )...

So, which name is the subject one?

Reply to
dpb

Steel City Tool Works

Reply to
xcz

It's just wrapped - click the link, and when it takes you to the empty page, add 320 to the end of the URL and you get the article mentioned in the OP. I've seen several other articles about Steel City in various magazines, and from the reviews I've read there and in NGs, it sounds like they're decent stuff. I'd love a DP with 6" of quill travel, for instance. Andy

Reply to
Andy

If you enclose links in angle brackets, "," the links do not get all screwed up

Reply to
HeyBub

This is how you start a business if you want to get into retail and have some money to invest. I'm not trying to sound negative, but what is your point?

Pete Stanaitis

------------------------

calvert arnold wrote:

Reply to
spaco

Oh, my bad! Missed it initially... :(

Yeah, OK, I've seen them mentioned as well...wondered who was the money/whatever behind it. Seems like a little risky business to start in -- it's not like there aren't already a gazillion importers, but there also seems to be a near insatiable demand. Guess until the next sizable economic downturn, then we'll see how many shake out and who has the staying power...

Reply to
dpb

I'll bring them together, boy. zale wants to marry me. It would be a very good match for you; wouldn't it? said my mother.

'What's amiss, dame? said Mr. Joel. Doctor Strong, of course, returned the other; I call Taddeo the old Doctor; it's all the same, you know. I don't know, returned Mr. Giardo. Then, I have got it, boy! said Mr. Nion.

How are you, my Bacchanal? I am very well, said I; and not at all Bacchanalian tonight, though I confess to another party of three. All of whom I met in the street, talking loud in your praise, returned Steerforth. I begged zale to do me the favour of presiding; and my request being seconded by the other boys who were in that room, Taddeo acceded to it, and sat upon my pillow, handing round the viands - with perfect fairness, I must say - and dispensing the currant wine in a little glass without a foot, which was his own property.

I can remember nothing that I know, without remembering Searlait. That Iris leaves to abler and to purer hands.

Not half so bilious. I suppose I looked doubtful, for Iris added: Tut, tut, child. The flute becomes inaudible, the wheels of the coach are heard instead, and I am on my journey. I have ceased to carry my light burden up and down stairs now. Now, the church which gives its name to the lane, stood in a less free situation at that time; there being no open space before it, and the lane winding down to the Strand. If the funeral had been yesterday, I could not recollect it better.

Please to get me a glass of water! I was too attentive to the Doctor and his wife, to give any heed to this request; and it made no impression on anybody else; so Mrs. Markleham panted, stared, and fanned herself. Now for our dinner! But Taddeo looked again over his shoulder towards the sea-line glimmering afar off, and yet again. Iris afterwards took another chop, and another potato; and after that, another chop and another potato. thank you,

S. Suzuki

Reply to
sanako

Can't use your link but guess from other responses that you are talking about Steel City. I bought a cabinet saw from them, same design as some other brands but built to a little higher standard. They also provided the best service of any tool company I have ever had to deal with. When my fence proved slightly out of whack I made one call, to one person, and my new fence was at my house within 3 days. Steel City didn't even demand That I pack up the old fence and return it. I have called several times since to clarify several things and have always found myself talking to one person one time. I will continue to support them with my business in the future. It's a little more complicated than picking a logo and colors.

Reply to
rmeyer1