The Month of Bessey....

Hi All,

I know that I've been a little crazy about Bessey's. It's just that after using pipes for

15+ years now, I have seen the light.

About a year ago I bought my first (and only until now) Bessey set (40/24). These clamps are soooo much better than anything I have used that I "swore" that whenever a good deal came along, I would jump on it.

Well, I think that deal is here now.

I went to the Lee-Valley website today. The

12/24 set is $75 (US) - 4 clamps. They also have a 24/50 set for $87 (I think). I ordered 2 of the 12/24's. I have never seen these clamps at this price.

The great thing is that Lee-Valley says that they will honor all orders through Oct 31st!

I may order another set of the 24/50's later in Oct.

Another plus - $12 shipping (I bought a couple other things too). These clamps are heavy. This is very fair.

No, I don't work for them (I'm still retired).

October....the month of Bessey!

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Ahh, what competition will do to bring prices down. Perhaps the Jorgensen Cabinet Master clamps are taking a bite out of Bessys sales.

Reply to
Leon

One can never be too thin, or have enough clamps (esp. K bodies). OTOH, there's Calista Flockhart...

Dave

Reply to
David

They did this through January as well.

Buy the entire factory output, they did.

I bought two sets, and may again.

Robin, are you setting up a special SKU for the Wreckers down under again? Or should I just shut my mouth?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

L-V website tonight is showing $97 and $115 for those sets. How did you get them for $75/$87?

Bob

Reply to
bob

Switch your currency from Canadian to U.S.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

And there's the new Jet parallel clamp sets, as well. I think these are first parallel clamps I have seen from the pacific rim. We could use some competition in the clamp area.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Hey Leon where you been? Thought you might have been blown away by Rita? Did you get caught in the big traffic jam? Earl Creel

Reply to
Earl Creel

=================== >>>

Another Bob here:....

I own close to 2 dozen Bessies and to be honest Unless the price tag for the Jet Clamps (and I do own a Jet Cabinet Saw..which I like very much) is at least 30 to 40 percent less then the Bessies this OLD boy will haul home another Bessie if I need another clamp... The price differential for the Jorgies has not been enough to entice me to even think about saving a few bucks...

I just know they work...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Are the Bessey K's any different (i.e. better) than the Jorgensen Cabinet Masters?

Reply to
Jim Giblin

Hey Earl...

After going through 4 previous hurricanes, I finally came to the realization that staying to weather the storm makes little sense as you can do nothing in 100 mph winds. We packed up the important paperwork and hard drives and went to my sisters house. Apparently we beat the crowds by a couple of hours. We left Wednesday afternoon and a couple hours later were where we were going. We came back Monday being very thankful for not having sustained any damage.

Reply to
Leon

A little smaller.

Reply to
Leon

(SNIP) We packed up the important paperwork and hard drives and

Glad to hear you escaped without damage or difficulty. Getting out of harm's way at the right time was a smart move. Earl Creel

Reply to
Earl Creel

Glad to hear everything was OK when you got back.

Mark & Juanita

I was at LV tonight and the had them out on the front counter for a direct comparison.

Yes, they are much smaller. I believe the bar on the Jorgensen clamps are smooth, whereas on the Bessy they are ridged. As the LV guy pointed out, you have to keep the bar on the Bessy clean or it might not work. That being said he also pointed out the HUGE price difference between them currently.

I picked up two of the smaller sets.... I only went in to pick up $17 worth of hardware.

Reply to
Buster

Actually, I don't consider the Jet clamps competitive at all. The point I did not clearly state - if the jet clamps are made in Taiwan or China, the margins should be substantially higher than the Besseys, so they should be able to get 40% lower than German made if they have to. At that point, if they are any good, then Bessey's will be either cheaper or out of business. I think the promotion we see from Bessey this month may not be their last. I think Bessey clamps are well designed, but I don't their manufacture quality is any better than other good clamps out there.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob