Bessey Sale - here we go again!?

Just got a flyer from Woodcraft. Bessey is celebrating their 25th K Body anniversary starting Oct 1.

40% off!

Example: 40" for 26.99

"While supplies last" is the disclaimer.

Hope this doesn't turn out like the Rockler fiasco a while back.

Personally, I intend to blow $200 on this deal (if I get a chance).

Lou

Reply to
loutent

I asked about that at Rockler early last week and they (the manager, in fact) had not a clue what I was talking about.

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" wrote in news:bIadnTC_i8hC66XeRVn- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Rockler managers aren't told very much, very often.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Reply to
Brent Beal

I think we shop the same store - the outside world, the shop in houston, and the Rockler website have no connection to each other, or at least it seems that way at times. They have sales that are never on the website and they frequently don't know what's on sale at the website, though they will honor the web price when you call it to their attention.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

From the Lee Valley Website: During the month of October, Bessey Tools North America will offer pre-packaged clamp kits at a significant discount from the same clamps purchased individually. Check back here October 1, 2005 for the details.

Reply to
Buster

No further comment. And, no harm intended toward Rockler, Incorperated.

Roy

Reply to
ROYNEU

By, the way. Even though I said I would have no further comment I guess I lied.

I just wanted that store to know that in that year alone from the point it opened. I spent approx. $3800.00 in tools and supplies. None of which was spent at their store. And, some of which in the years after that (which by the way was many more dollars the above) was not spent at all at Rockler because Pasadena was to far to drive for the time frame I needed them in.

Oh, well so much for customer relations.

Roy

Reply to
ROYNEU

Hi -

We'll be posting pricing to our website by the weekend...

As far as our sale goes - no need to panic... we have lots of stock now (don't know what anyone else has....)...

Our kits will be 2 each of the 12"/24" clamps (4 total), or two each of the

24"/50" clamps (not the 41" like last time!) ....neither set will have a price more than 2 digits(in USD), and we will fill all orders taken during the month of October...

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

The sale is at Woodcraft from the post.... the rest of this thread talks about Rockler - no wonder no one know about it there. . .

BB

Reply to
BillyBob

Generally everyone who sells Bessey is involved in these clamp "anniversary sales", Rockler included ... see the recent post from Rob at Lee Valley.

Reply to
Swingman

That's cause a bunch of guys who didn't read the caveats about the sale at Rockler last year or so got mad when they didn't get the clamps they wanted at the price they wanted to pay.

Rockler's ad clearly stated that it was a limited amount and a limited time offer. The folks complaining either didn't get to the store in time or wanted to buy them on their own time frame, they also seemed to expect that Bessey would just keep sending Rockler the clamps at the discounted prices until the person complaining had time to go and get some.

It was never Rockler's fault that a few guys who failed to read the ad in question didn't get the clamps at the sale price.

John Emmons

Reply to
John Emmons

"Robin Lee" wrote in news:Npb_e.4606$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Less than a buck!!!!! Whoooooooooooooo Hooooooooooo! :)

Oh... Didja mean before the decimal point or after?

Reply to
Patrick Conroy

Maybe. But this smacks of the tactics car dealers use. I have an acquaintance that used to sell cars for a local Chevy dealer (a pillar of the community).

They would advertise a car at a super low price and in fact had one such car to satisfy the attorney general. It would be purple, with vinyl seats, a manual radio and transmission and no A/C (in AZ). If they actually sold the car, they could say to the subsequent customers with a straight face, "Too bad, we sold out on that offer, would you like to see a Suburban?"

Rockler twice charged me more for items that I ordered via the web than the price stipulated on the order. They also promised a credit to my card that never happened. They lost a customer over five bucks. What a crappy way to run a company.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Of, course after the decimal. He did say (in USD) Not USC. And, no that does not stand for the state university.

Roy

Reply to
ROYNEU

John,

While not part of the Rockler Clamp Fiasco. And, while Rockler did say in there advertising "While Supplies Last". I do believe from reading some of those posts the guys that did get down there right away still lost out because Rockler must not have ordered enough for the sale. And, the buyers were lead along by some of the less-then-dim-witted sales/managers in the stores.

After my experience an offical from the main office did try to buy my unhappiness away. I appreciated the effort on their part to try to smooth customer problems. But, my feeling is as in anyplace I deal with. Some stores run well, some don't. Usually because it's the people who work there.

Roy

Reply to
ROYNEU

Just got mine in Baltimore's woodcraft. they sold most of there stock already and were arguing about if to order 50 or 100 more.

len

Reply to
leonard

Doggone. Didn't think they'd be jumping the gun that much. SWMBO authorized, and her sister will go to the Canton Woodcraft store tomorrow. Hope they have some left.

Reply to
George

If they don't, check out LV. They will fill every order until Oct 31st. Also, you will save a little gas.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

It's true - I picked up a 24" and 40" last weekend when I stumbled into my local Woodcraft (Downingtown PA). Excellent pricing and they had a TON of them in stock.

Unfortunately, my SO was with me, so spending next month's paycheck a little early was out of the question..

-Zig

Reply to
Zigler