The Bait

Just do it the way he showed at the beginning with two clamps under and two clamps above and then use wedges wherever needed to apply pressure and you should get the same result he does with his fancy modification.

Reply to
J. Clarke

You don't need wedges. Simply use clamps on top and bottom and then alternatively and gradually tighten them up.

Reply to
Leon

Or a manifestation of clever solutions to problems that don't really exist:

Spalted Walt

I could have bought a truckload of Starrett's for the price of the Paolini.

Reply to
woodchucker

With the stops? I haven't seen those anywhere.

Reply to
krw