techshop.ws

each one is equipped differently

look at the reservation calendar to see what each local offers

but here is an example equipment list

Epilog Helix 60-Watt Laser Cutters Tormach CNC Milling Machines 3D Printer NextEngine 3D Scanner Formech 600 24" x 24" Vacuum Forming System Formech Heat Strip Bending System Morgan Industries Injection Molding System Sewing Machines Overlock Sewing Machine Tin Lizzie Quilting Machine Computer-Controlled Vinyl Cutter Powder Coating System Lincoln MIG Welders (Steel) Lincoln TIG Welders (Steel and Aluminum) Hand-Held Plasma Cutter Sheet Metal Spot Welder Sheet Metal Brake, 16 ga x 50" Rotary Sheet Metal Punch Sheet Metal Corner Notcher English Wheel and Planishing Hammer Sheet Metal Shear, 16 ga x 50" Sheet Metal Roller, 16 ga x 50" Sandblast Cabinet Metal Grinders and Sanders Metal Chop Saw Metal Horizontal Band Saw Metal Vertical Band Saw Computer Controlled Embroidery Sewing Machine Electronics Testing and Soldering Equipment Epson R1900 13" x 19" Achival Printer with Continuous Inking System ShopBot 4' x 8' CNC Wood Router System SawStop Professional Cabinet Table Saw Panel Saw Wood Planer Wood Jointer Wood Band Saw Wood Sanders Wood Scroll Saws Wood Lathe Drill Presses Metal Lathes, 14" x 40" Vertical Milling Machines with DRO and Power Feed Granite Surface Plate with Digital Height Gauges Lots of Machine Shop Accessories and Tooling Lots of Fast Computer Workstations with 2D and 3D Design Software Complete Stocked Tool Room Member Storage Rental Private Studio / Office Rental Meeting Rooms Comfortable HackerSpace Areas with Power and WiFi Retail Store with Supplies and Materials Free Coffee and Popcorn ...And LOTS More!

Reply to
Electric Comet

I'm not sure that, since Maggie Thatcher's depredations, there are that many tools and machines left in the UK! (We're now a SERVICE economy; I sell him insurance, he sells me insurance. F^cking great.)

Reply to
stvlcnc43

This is the one I joined last year for two months. You MUST take a safety course in EACH machine group (wood, metal, etc.) before you are allowed to use the equipment. It's a great place. Heard that they may have to move, tho.

MJ

Reply to
MJ

OK, so now I realize that you and I were talking about 2 very different organizations in my MakerSpace thread.

TechShop appears to be a for-profit company, while MakersSpace is a 501(c)3 organization, i.e. a non-profit. At least the one by me is.

That explains the $1MM seed money that you mentioned vs. the "everything has been donated" (well, almost everything) at MakerSpace. They did mention that a member suggested an oscillating sander. None were available for donation, so they bought one.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

they have added more i noticed when i looked at the locations map

i like the idea of a shared shop but it does require planning and organizing and scheduling which is a little extra work

but the list of machines is incredible

Reply to
Electric Comet

it is a lot of equipment