Teak finishing question

Greetings All, What is the best way to put a natural looking finish on teak? I don't want a poly finish that sits on the surface, rather something that will soak in. Thanks, Mark

Reply to
mark

Are we talking boat teak or Ikea teak?

If a boat, Cetol may work for you.

No suggestions for Ikea.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
mark

Linseed oil Tung oil Mixtures of the two (mostly linseed)... Behr tung oil finish et al Mixtures of the two with a tad of varnish... Watco et al

Reply to
dadiOH

Thanks All, I realized that I had a can of Watco Rejuvinating Oil at work for my wood tool boxes and decided to give it a try. It's exactly the look I am after. Not glossy, and it soaks in after every coat. The teak grain really POPS after oiling.

Reply to
mark