taket he lathe survey

I saw a video of a EU wood turner and the lathe he was using looked exactly like a PM3520B in all ways except the color. It was white. I have since been told that all PM machines in the EU are white.

Reply to
swalker

I think all Jet/Powermatic tools sold outside of the US are white and label ed Jet. Only in the US are gold colored Powermatic tools sold. And some o f the white Jet tools. But never the same Jet-Powermatic tool with both pa int jobs. You cannot buy a Jet 3520 white lathe AND a gold Powermatic 3520 lathe in the US. Just the gold Powermatic. And in Europe just the white Jet 3520 lathe. Assume in South America, Africa, Asia they use just the Je t brand name. Not the Powermatic name. Very similar to Coke and Fanta nam es. Fanta is a Coca-Cola brand that is used in Europe. Not in the US. Sa me soda, just different brands in different parts of the world.

Reply to
russellseaton1

I seem to recall Fanta in the states many years ago.

"Fanta is a global brand of fruit-flavored carbonated soft drinks created by The Coca-Cola Company. There are over 100 flavors worldwide. The drink originated in Nazi Germany under trade embargo for Coca-Cola ingredients in 1940."

In some languages, trade names mean something not desirable or nasty.

Some of this is contractual. Powermatic contract might state so many years before you can or never.

Mart> >> I saw a video of a EU wood turner and the lathe he was using looked

Only in the US are gold colored Powermatic tools sold. And some of the white Jet tools.

But never the same Jet-Powermatic tool with both paint jobs.

You cannot buy a Jet 3520 white lathe AND a gold Powermatic 3520 lathe in the US.

Just the gold Powermatic. And in Europe just the white Jet 3520 lathe.

Assume in South America, Africa, Asia they use just the Jet brand name.

Not the Powermatic name. Very similar to Coke and Fanta names.

Fanta is a Coca-Cola brand that is used in Europe.

Not in the US. Same soda, just different brands in different parts of the world.

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Martin Eastburn wrote in news:NOuyy.7749$ snipped-for-privacy@fx11.iad:

Fanta's available all over the place in the US. Generally it's a fruit- flavored pop, like Fanta Strawberry or the now defunct Fanta Citrus. (Fanta Citrus was at one time called Citra. It came out shortly after Surge, but very few missed it when it was gone. Unlike Surge, which was missed and has come back!)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper