Uses for Old Mower Blades

I replaced the blades on my lawn tractor's mower deck this morning. I'd hit a few stones out back and they needed to be replaced. Although the cutting edges are chipped, the blades are steel and it seems that they could be us ed for something. Anyone have any ideas?

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

May not be the best source but I've heard of knives made from them.

Reply to
Frank

it a few stones out back and they needed to be replaced. Although the cutti ng edges are chipped, the blades are steel and it seems that they could be used for something. Anyone have any ideas?

436f098b.jpg

DerbyDad03

rbowman

hit a few stones out back and they needed to be replaced. Although the cut ting edges are chipped, the blades are steel and it seems that they could b e used for something. Anyone have any ideas?

Don't know how to tell you this...I was thinking the same thing! Scary!

Reply to
bob_villa

Man, that was tough....

Reply to
Bill

I once tossed one into some concrete when I was building a driveway. That blade and soem scrap pipe and other junk metal acted as rebar to reinforce the concrete.

Reply to
Paintedcow

Blame Billy Bob Thornton. Great movie but it is sort of dark...

"Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade."

Reply to
rbowman

If they spent more time _teaching_ how to do metal work, rather than the reality-TV-contestent crap, it might be worth watching. But it's not.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Apples are not Oranges.

Reality TV _is not_ comparable to TOS or any of the offshoots, particuarly TNG.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo posted for all of us...

You only think it did... it didn't

Reply to
Tekkie®

Don't they have an 'App' for that? Isn't it called 'iShovel'? Oh... wait a minute... iShovel is a script in the iBullshit App. The iBullshit App is very popular with politicians (across the complete spectrum!), Poly-Sci Professors, Global-Warmers, Climate-Changers, and most 'turd-polishers'.

Reply to
M.A. Stewart