Tablesaw purchase help

I'm getting to buy a contractor tablesaw and will chose between the Jet JWTS-10 Model 708100 or the Ridgid 3650, anyone have a favorite and why.

Reply to
asmurff

I have the Ridgid and really like it, but since I was using a Shopsmith before that, anything would be an improvement.. I like the fence and overall workings, the rails fit and work very well and the (included) lift/wheels work well if you can keep the bolts from vibrating loose in the lift cross-bars..

I'd buy it again...

Never used the Jet.. but have had several Jet lathes that were excellent.. apples and oranges?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I have the Ridgid and love it... The fence is solid and works like a dream. This more of a woodworkers saw that any other contractor saw out there, at least that's how I feel about it... It has the power to cut 2" maple with out a problem and is well build.

Randy

randyswoodshoop

Thanx mac I'm replacing or should say upgrading from a Delta Shopmaster TS200LS. One of the first shop tools I bought when I finally had a place to put them.

Reply to
asmurff

I believe I was already leaning towards the Ridgid it does have more features and is available tomorrow lol.

Reply to
asmurff

Hey whats wrong with a Shopsmith? It has it's purpose. I use mine every now and then. Specially like using it to bore hinge holes. I can't comment on which to buy since I have a Jet Cabinet saw and it would not compare to the contractor style. But I love my JET!!

Rich

Reply to
evodawg

Nothing wrong with the SS at all, it's just not much of a table saw, except for small stuff..

I use it almost every day, set up as a horizontal DP with the 12" sanding disk on the rear spindle.. Best DP that I've ever used, pretty good sander, ok lathe.. It's also my router for heavy stuff, since it takes the 1/2" router bits..

Mine's a Mark V from 1980, so having a real saw now, with large table, rails and a good fence with actual measurements is like heaven.. No more guessing and playing with sample cuts for repeat cuts later, just set the fence on the measurement..