Tablesaw Handedness

I've been doing a lot of reading about table saw safety lately. mainly this site:

thing I notice is that the diagrams and descriptions seem to indicate that the blade is to the left of the table as you look at it. All the talk of which had to use the pushstick with and which hand to use to guide the wood is very confusing.

My saw has the blade offset to the right, Do I have a left handed table saw? :)

Thanks

Table saws are sold as either Right "TILT" or Left "TILT" Which way does your blade "Tilt"? Left or Right? The wider table to the right of the blade is typically how 99.99% of table saws are built. The other .01% of the table saw owners set the majority of the table to the left of the blade for personal preference reasons.

Reply to
Leon

Typically, the fence can be set to either side of the blade. Does your fence only have a smooth side on the right hand side of the fence, forcing you to use it to the left or is it just currently over on that side.

Most measurement tapes are also setup to work with the fence to the right. Does yours have a measurementtape that is setup to work on the left?

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

The fence can go either side, There is also an extension table piece which can go eigher left or right. The measurement tape goes both left and right from the cut line, but goes further to the left 30cm, only 10cm to the right. The miter slot is on the left (30cm) from the blade (At least I think it's

30cm, might be 20)

Hope that's clear. Thanks for any further advice.

You can set up with the fence on either side of the blade to suit the requirment of the cut and whatever is easiest for you.

If you have the blade tilted then be a bit cautious about if the blade is tilted toward the fence that you have a safe clearance and the potential for the piece to jam.

I cut with the fence on the right of the blade (looking from the back of the saw) but push work with my Left hand (pushstick where required).

Reply to
marks542004