suggestions for adhesives to use on Ipe

Hello All, Does anyone have any experience applying any adhesives to Ipe? I have been asked to make a small memorial pedestal (12 x 12 x 9.5) that will be the base for a small (6 x 9 )plaque placed along the 12x 12 face. The plaque will fit into a routed depression made in the edge (or side \) grain of a 9 board ganged beam that will look like it was removed from an Ipe trellis that is nearby.This memorial will be outside. I was not sure if Ipe was too "slippery" to let any adhesives stick to it for a long term. Any suggestions will be welcome. Thanks, Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

RE: Subject

Outside = Epoxy

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Agreed. I have done two small outdoor projects with Ipe and Polyurethane glue and all of the joints have failed.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
bent